December Practice/Championship Reg Open

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

December Practice/Championship Reg Open

Post by Rick Brown »

Click here to register:
http://solo2.motorsportreg.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Practice entry only $50!

Practice format not set yet.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
John Stimson
Car#: 124

Re: December Practice/Championship Reg Open

Post by John Stimson »

When I go in to register, Motorsportreg wants to charge me $55 for a single entry...
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

John Stimson wrote:When I go in to register, Motorsportreg wants to charge me $55 for a single entry...
Fixed. Thanks for the heads up John.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Johnson Mac
Car#: 444

Post by Johnson Mac »

I've got a few friends driving in from the east coast for the weekend, how can they go about signing up for this practice? He doesn't have an SCCA membership as far as I know. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Johnson Mac wrote:I've got a few friends driving in from the east coast for the weekend, how can they go about signing up for this practice? He doesn't have an SCCA membership as far as I know. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Just have them go to the Web site above and register. We should have plenty of spaces. Weekend memberships will be offered on site when people check in.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Johnson Mac wrote:I've got a few friends driving in from the east coast for the weekend, how can they go about signing up for this practice? He doesn't have an SCCA membership as far as I know. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Just have them go to the Web site above and register. We should have plenty of spaces. Weekend memberships will be offered on site when people check in.
If they chose to pay online when they register, it will automatically include the $15 weekend membership if they don't have a verifiable SCCA membership. They get a printable receipt to bring to registration. Note that for the system to verify your membership, your name in the registration system must be an exact match to your SCCA card.
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Rick,
Can you help me check to see if I registered for the practice. Thx!
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Johnson Mac

Post by Johnson Mac »

Rick, Kurt, thanks for the swift replies!

Here's another one: When does check-in end that day (assuming they've registered online)? If they arrive late, say 10 in the morning, are they still able to check-in?
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Johnson Mac wrote:Rick, Kurt, thanks for the swift replies!

Here's another one: When does check-in end that day (assuming they've registered online)? If they arrive late, say 10 in the morning, are they still able to check-in?
I think we can work comething out. I'd contact Mike Yanase, who's handling practice registration and Seb Rios who's handling tech beforehand to make sure they know the situation and are ready to check them in late and tech their car after tech has officially closed.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Kurt Rahn wrote:

I think we can work comething out. I'd contact Mike Yanase, who's handling practice registration and Seb Rios who's handling tech beforehand to make sure they know the situation and are ready to check them in late and tech their car after tech has officially closed.
Also be mindful of how this impacts the work/run groups.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Johnson Mac

Post by Johnson Mac »

Excellent, thanks again for the help!
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Kurt Rahn wrote:

Actually, I'm handling workers.

Johnson: Please be aware that regardless of arrival time, one must still fulfill their work responsibility. In this case the entrant may get less runs if they do not arrive by the start of the event.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

T. Osifeso wrote:Rick,
Can you help me check to see if I registered for the practice. Thx!
Yes.
Only 30 people entered so far so I doubt there will be anyone turned away. On Sunday after pre-reg ends, if the limit isn't reached all entries will be accepted and registration will be open to everyone up to the 88 person limit.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Sebastian Rios wrote:Actually, I'm handling workers.
Sorry, Seb. I keep getting you and Steve Abbott mixed up. I guess it's cuz you both look so much alike and drive such similar vehicles. :lol: Steve is chief of tech.
==============
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Champ runorder? I'm thinking the one on msr is wrong.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Bill Martin wrote:Champ runorder? I'm thinking the one on msr is wrong.
Fixed.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Christine Berry wrote:
Fixed.
What was wrong? I know I uploaded the file. Did I forget to update the link? Just noticed FJ is wrong, should be 4th group, not 5th.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Rick Brown wrote:
Christine Berry wrote:
Fixed.
What was wrong? I know I uploaded the file. Did I forget to update the link? Just noticed FJ is wrong, should be 4th group, not 5th.
There are two links in msr. The one on the first page still pointed to the Oct. Event run order. The one on the second page was correct.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Johnson Mac

Post by Johnson Mac »

Sebastian Rios wrote:
Actually, I'm handling workers.

Johnson: Please be aware that regardless of arrival time, one must still fulfill their work responsibility. In this case the entrant may get less runs if they do not arrive by the start of the event.
Sure thing, I will pass that information on! Thanks!
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Event Master, I am having some problems with registration. I have selected NOV, but the system put me in BSP. So I went back in and edited, and put NOV, finished up and checked again still BSP I have tried this 3 times, at two different sittings. Followed the instructions that worked for me back in October to no avail. Can you make sure whatever it says I end up in NOV?

Thanks
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Arthur Grant wrote:Event Master, I am having some problems with registration. I have selected NOV, but the system put me in BSP. So I went back in and edited, and put NOV, finished up and checked again still BSP I have tried this 3 times, at two different sittings. Followed the instructions that worked for me back in October to no avail. Can you make sure whatever it says I end up in NOV?

Thanks
The way MSR works they don't treat indexed classes (like NOV, SK1, SK2, etc) as a real class, only a modifier. This despite the fact it displays it correctly as a class when you click on Registrations. So the primary class is BSP with a NOV modifier. In the part where you pick your class it's BSP with the box below labled PAX (a little confusing since we have a class called PAX) where you pick the modifier. You are registered correctly assuming BSP is the index you want for NOV.
Joel Payne
Car#: 311

Post by Joel Payne »

Man I've been waiting for the flyer to post for weeks now so I could mail a check. Finally decided something was wrong and went hunting for info. Y'all went and got fancy. Will this be the format for future registrations?
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Rick Brown wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:Event Master, I am having some problems with registration. I have selected NOV, but the system put me in BSP. So I went back in and edited, and put NOV, finished up and checked again still BSP I have tried this 3 times, at two different sittings. Followed the instructions that worked for me back in October to no avail. Can you make sure whatever it says I end up in NOV?

Thanks
The way MSR works they don't treat indexed classes (like NOV, SK1, SK2, etc) as a real class, only a modifier. This despite the fact it displays it correctly as a class when you click on Registrations. So the primary class is BSP with a NOV modifier. In the part where you pick your class it's BSP with the box below labled PAX (a little confusing since we have a class called PAX) where you pick the modifier. You are registered correctly assuming BSP is the index you want for NOV.

Yep did it that way, just couldn't get it to take. Thanks for fixing it.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

Thanks

Yep did it that way, just couldn't get it to take. Thanks for fixing it.
Actually, I didn't do anything, just looked at it. I have noticed that sometimes MSR doesn't show changes right away. It may show where you make the change, but not right away in, for instance, the entry listing.
Johnson Mac

Post by Johnson Mac »

Joel Payne wrote:Man I've been waiting for the flyer to post for weeks now so I could mail a check. Finally decided something was wrong and went hunting for info. Y'all went and got fancy. Will this be the format for future registrations?
Looks like it's going to be a party!