Thank you all for a great weekend!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Thank you all for a great weekend!

Post by Lily Liu »

Many thanks to all who attended this weekend's practice, school and championship. I'm glad the weather turned out alright considering what it had been like in the past. The weekend went pretty smoothly except for a certain car that wanted to kiss my registration workers from behind }:) :lol:

A big thanks to Mike S., Kurt, Steve T., Theo, my Mike and Toby for setting up course on Wednesday until it got pitch dark... Even though course was reset by the wind by the time we got there on Friday :lol: thanks to those who helped put the cones back om Friday morning!

Another big thanks to all my chiefs on Friday and Sunday: Michael Sullivan, Mike Simanyi, Mike Shin, Yuki, Karen, Tom, Rick, Stephen, Maggie, and Gayle. And to those who stepped up and did a lot of extra work and helped pack up the course: Renee, Mike Y, Clements family, Berry family, Tetsu, Mike K, Jack, Leonard, Jeff, Jon Lugod, Jayson W.,QV, Augustin, Mark, and whoever I may have forgot (sorry my brain is mush right now). Sunday would not have been this great without you!

I think I can sum it up with this: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :gpower:
~Lily
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: Thank you all for a great weekend!

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Chief of Waivers on Sunday = K. Zaterman :thumbup:
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Lily, thank you for the great weekend, you worked really hard and it is appreciated :thumbup:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Great job, Lily! I had a really good time!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Tom Dobyns
Club: GRA
Car#: 48

Post by Tom Dobyns »

Lily,

You always do a great job as Event Master......and always with a smile! :D

A special thanks to Tom Tanquary for his role as Safety Steward......I thought you did a great job disseminating a lot of important information. You took the time to cover areas that need to be covered. A few ounces of prevention........
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

+1 on Tom really being 100% as SSS :thumbup:
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

Job well done, Lily and the whole gang! Fun & challenging course design (Simanyi :thumbup: ) and getting four runs was a great bonus.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I use to think four runs were great, until we started to have to buy big R's for the Vette ... now I understand what Schenker ? Toby were taking about. :D

After looking at the Results ... so many great classes and battles!

Big :thumbup: to Hi Ly for being right up there. He waited a long time before entering the races, and got the best instructions with his huge generosity in letting so many have a chance at driving a GT3. Well Done everyone ...
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

+1! It was a super fun event with an awesome course. Big thanks to Mako and George for letting my rusty self drive their cars. Also, thanks to those others who offered (Tom Berry, Arthur Grant, and Renee Angel). Thanks to Mike and all the setup guys for their hard work on a bitchin course. Thanks to Renee and Lisa for organizing yet another fun weekend, and all others who pitched in to make it happen. Finally, Mako, Karen and Angie, thanks for keepin me company at the Gate on Saturday. :D
It felt great to get some track time and see 'The Tribe' again. Hope to be back soon full time.
Mark D.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Thanks to all for a great event, really enjoyed it. Was great to have the Cal Poly team out to cook lunch even if their PR guy was over zelous, Hope they raised a good amout of bread.

Compliments on the course. We have had some really fun courses. Would like to say they have been great this year, but hey I am a novice how would I really know. All I can say is I have had a lot of fun. In my limited experience the practice course is more fun than the championship course and the practice course was very good. But Sunday's course was a pure joy to drive. And the hard on it finish was so much more fun that the last events oh my god can I stop in time. I liked the challenge of the panic stop control test, but lets be honest, sweeper, power on, camber change, large braking zone. :thumbup:
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Mako didn't let you drive Karen's Miata ... Karen let you drive Karen's Miata :P
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Mako didn't let you drive Karen's Miata ... Karen let you drive Karen's Miata :P
Oh! My mistake. Thanks Karen! :D
Mark D.
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

Mako Koiwai wrote: After looking at the Results ... so many great classes and battles!
Yes! Did you check out STR? The top seven drivers within about 1 sec.! Also, I think in DS, the winning margin was 0.001.
Ron Tsumura
Club: GRA
Car#: 190

Post by Ron Tsumura »

Great Thanksgiving Weekend! Thanks to everybody for all your hard work and keeping the bar set on high. (Nice to have hot drinks available on a cool day.)
It was also nice for me to just show up and drive.

Fun course. Wish I could figure out where the limt was on those fast sweepers?
Johnson Mac
Car#: 444

Post by Johnson Mac »

Big thanks to the course designer, it was a really fun one! Had a lot of fun on those sweepers :)