NEW here

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Kris Cho
Club: TCC
Car#: 214

NEW here

Post by Kris Cho »

hi guys n girls,
i just joined this forum and whole autox thingy haha.
Where are the most events and practices held at in cal club region? i live in Irvine so closer the better..i know there's El toro speedway or whatever but doesn't look like a lot of events are held there.

Thanks.
05 350z Performance
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: NEW here

Post by Kurt Rahn »

kris cho wrote:hi guys n girls,
i just joined this forum and whole autox thingy haha.
Where are the most events and practices held at in cal club region? i live in Irvine so closer the better..i know there's El toro speedway or whatever but doesn't look like a lot of events are held there.

Thanks.
Sorry, our calendar is down for a few days while being updated. Anyway, we pretty much split our events between El Toro and AAA Speedway in Fontana. The first El Toro Event is in March, but Fontana's not too far away, so join us in Jan. and Feb. as well. We have a lot of members in the Irvine area. The calendar should be back up shortly for your planning pleasure.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Temp calendar list near the bottom of this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4568&view=unread#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

You're blessed with central location. Besides Fontana and El Toro, the San Diego region runs at Qualcom stadium 80 miles to the south of you.

http://www.sdsolo.com/forum/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay W
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Next event is today (Saturday) & Sunday @ AAA. There is even room for walk-up registration on Saturday; Sunday walk up reg is always available. If you are up the same time as your first post, you can grab 2.5 hours of sleep & make it up in plenty of time or just don't sleep at all.

Drive from Irvine to Fontana is easy peezy.

Even if you happen to wake up a little late, you can always come out for the ride-alongs, etc.
Kris Cho

Post by Kris Cho »

i think i'm going to sun, tomorrow!!
I'm filling out my application but looks like i have to pay for the weekly membership since application won't mail it to Topeka, KS in couple hours and process. :(
In the application it says, I will become a member in the region I reside in or place me in ------------------ region. What do i need to fill in the blank? LOL
LA region? I"m thinking of participating both SD and LA region.
05 350z Performance
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Region 19
Kris Cho

Post by Kris Cho »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Region 19
Can you tell me where you got that from?
thanks
05 350z Performance
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

kris cho wrote:
thanks

There is an amazing amount of information on the SCCA website.... Its just not very intuitive trying to find it.
http://scca.org/divisions.aspx?div=sp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll have to add for the local Cal CLub fee if you join region 19. $25? I'm not positive. If you do the weekend membership, you get a code to apply that to the annual membership if you complete in a certain amount of time (30days?). Plus if you list a referral from a member (list there number) you get another discount. The forms Gayle Jardine will give you at the event when you get the weekend membership will have her number on it and an explanation.

Welcome to the region!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

kris cho wrote:
thanks
Go to SCCA.COM then click on Find My Region, then click on this area on the map and you see the division name and number.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kris Cho

Post by Kris Cho »

so many fees for whole club n scca stuff..
05 350z Performance
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

kris cho wrote:so many fees for whole club n scca stuff..
It's $65 for SCCA National, then $xx based on what region you're zipcode is in or what you choose. If based on your zipcode it's the CSCC (California Sports Car Club - aka Cal Club) region (aka Region #19). Each region has different cost for its dues.
Kris Cho

Post by Kris Cho »

do you guys have signed the insurance waiver and release or whatever?
05 350z Performance
Arthur Grant
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Kris, sorry we didn't get to meet. It fun to run against you in BSP, hopefully you enjoyed your self. Great improvement from your first run to the last. If you come out in February (hopefully you will) I drive the Dark Blue C4 Corvette #314. If you have some buddies with Z's bring them out BSP needs some competitors.

If I can be of any help let me know.