Lincoln co-drive

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Lincoln co-drive

Post by Steve Towers »

I'm toying with the idea of getting a co-driver with Nationals experience for this years Pro and Nats. I'd appreciate your thoughts and input on this. I'm sure I'll be nervous wreck when I'm up there :shock: so someone who has experience on that stage would likely be a benefit to me.

A Stock 2000 Corvette Hardtop
Michael Wood

Re: Lincoln co-drive

Post by Michael Wood »

Boy, if you had asked a couple of days ago, I would have definitely been interested in co driving at Nationals. I love autocrossing C5's. But, I've picked up a ride in an STX car...a real STX car ;)
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Man, Steve... you waited till the price went way up to ask. :( Great opportunity for someone willing to pony up the dough, though. :thumbup:
Mark D.
Robert Puertas
Club: PSCC
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Hmmm...
Steve, I might be interested.

Let me sleep on it...
Steve Towers

Post by Steve Towers »

by Mark DeShon on 30 Jul 2011 20:15
Man, Steve... you waited till the price went way up to ask. Great opportunity for someone willing to pony up the dough, though.
Mark D.
I never thought about that aspect. Pretty lame on my part.
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

HI Steve,

I have a ride for the Pro, but I'm looking for one for Nationals. I haven't been to Nationals, but I've been around the Autocross block for 13 years now, with 14 or 15 Nat Tours, and about the same for Pro Solo's.

I just want a car that is competitive, and has a chance. Admittedly, I've never competed in a Corvette.

What day(s) do you run on?
Keith Brown
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 96

Post by Keith Brown »

A Stock runs Thursday/Friday
Keith
1990 Miata with the really big roll bar
http://www.chaserace.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.tightntidyracing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.vorschlag.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.ast-usa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

This is a good car, it can win with the right driver. :thumbup: And ignore what Steve says about being a wreck... He is a very low maintenance co-driver, and very easy to get along with.

If I was not spending everything in my pocket to go to the Runoffs this year I would be taking that seat. :cry:
Steve Towers

Post by Steve Towers »

by Craig Naylor on 31 Jul 2011 21:44

HI Steve,
I have a ride for the Pro, but I'm looking for one for Nationals. I haven't been to Nationals, but I've been around the Autocross block for 13 years now, with 14 or 15 Nat Tours, and about the same for Pro Solo's.
I just want a car that is competitive, and has a chance. Admittedly, I've never competed in a Corvette.
Craig, the honest answer is that my car is not as well sorted out (read equipped) as others in my class. I'm basically bone stock on A6's with an AX alignment and 04 shocks and Z06 front bar. Truth be told, I'm not knowlegable enough to know how much difference the prep on the others 'vettes makes. I'm the only thing adjustable on my car. Piggy Bank Racing here. That said, I believe in AS the driver will be the difference maker, the hardware not as much. But if it comes down to 10ths, then, yea, I'm probably in trouble. C5's are difficult to launch well, so my expectations for the Pro are not high. I believe I'll be more competitive at the end of the week.
Fred Zust
Car#: 0

Post by Fred Zust »

You have mail....
Steve Towers

Post by Steve Towers »

by Fred Zust on 02 Aug 2011 09:57
You have mail....