2006 Mazda MX-5 3rd Generation Limited

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

2006 Mazda MX-5 3rd Generation Limited

Post by Steve Lepper »

2006 3rd Generation Limited MX-5, #1536 of 3500 worldwide.

Very rare option combination: very option that was available is on this car with the exception of Traction and Stability. 6-speed manual transmission, limited slip differential, Bose stereo with CD changer and satellite, extremely rare (and very $$$) color-matched factory hardtop. Vented and pleated leather seats were custom made for this car... by far the most comfortable seats ever in a Miata. If you're not familiar with the 3rd Gen. Ltd, this car has many unique parts that are not available on any other MX-5, including the Velocity Red color. Only 9800 miles... always stored indoors and the weekend toy of two fanatical owners. Clean and clear title in hand. Has run in CSP, currently set up for STR... contact me for specific parts list including all spares that come with the car, but for the moment, let's just say it's extensive, and makes 160+ rwhp. $17,500 and only listed here: if it doesn't find a home within the auto-x community, it goes back to stock and off to Carmax or auction.

Note: the Enkei wheels are currently not on the car: the current wheels are the grey 5-spokes shown in the CSP picture. Also have a set of the same wheels in black, plus the stock wheels which are unique to this car.

Last edited by Steve Lepper on Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doug Kott
Club: CASOC
Car#: 300

Re: 2006 Mazda MX-5 3rd Generation Limited

Post by Doug Kott »

Hey, Steve, good luck with the sale!
A beautiful car. One of the best colors ever for the Miata.
So what's on the short list for auto-x replacements?
Steve Lepper

Post by Steve Lepper »

We'll see... a couple of interesting options out there, but I need to have cash to jump when they're ready. I'll be needing an FJC soon for my son, so now that I'm considering a trailer that opens up a lot of new possibilities.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

I've driven this car quite a few times and it is gorgeous and it handles great. To me, this car is the ultimate MX5 daily driver, which could be easily tweaked to make it a Nationally competitive STR machine. Just depends on what you want to do with it.

Steve is one of the most meticulous owners I have ever met, so you will not be disappointed.

Good luck with the sale, Steve.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Can't imagine this will last long. What a nice car, with everything one would need. If I had it, I'd have it. Good "luck" with the sale, although I don't think you'll need it.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Ken Lord
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 951

Post by Ken Lord »

This is a wonderful car that works great for the street and is competitive is STR. I know how well Steve takes care of cars and his attention to detail will reward anybody that buys this unique MX 5 NC1. He has taken care of my car and many other so we know how he must take care of his own.

Steve, good luck with the sale. I will miss you in STR.
Eric Lum

Post by Eric Lum »

"Very rare option combination: very option that was available is on this car with the exception of Traction and Stability. 6-speed manual transmission, limited slip differential"

Does it have traction and stability? I was confused by the wording.
Steve Lepper

Post by Steve Lepper »

Just to clarify, this car does NOT have traction or stability control. Pretty rare to find an otherwise loaded car that didn't come with this.

Thanks for all the kind words. It really is a fun car, and I would keep it as a daily driver if I had the space (and won the lottery.) I may still be in STR next year, but just in something a little different. We'll see...
Steve Lepper

Post by Steve Lepper »

One bump before I take it apart. Was hoping it might live on as a racer, but it's not looking likely.

This is a National trophy-winning car ('10 El Toro Pro) and could do it again.