Under 18 Waiver Form

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Kyle Chatham

Under 18 Waiver Form

Post by Kyle Chatham »

I haven't posted much on these boards so I'll do a little intro. I'm 17 years old and have been to 2 autox practice events in a black 86 mr2; my last event was in February. Anyways the question I have is about the waiver form since I'm not 18. My dad has already signed the wavier form the first autox event, does he have to come with me every event to sign the waiver or can I come alone since he has already signed it? Thanks for you help.

Kyle
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Re: Under 18 Waiver Form

Post by Leonard Cachola »

The date on the minor form your dad signed would have to simply say "2008" for you to keep participating for the rest of the year. This form also needs your mom's signature as well, though, unless your dad is your legal 'sole guardian.'

Here's the link to the form:
http://www.scca.org/documents/insurance ... waiver.pdf
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

My understanding is the the signatures also have to be witnessed by an SCCA member.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Kurt Rahn wrote:My understanding is the the signatures also have to be witnessed by an SCCA member.
They can be notarized, too.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Both signatures must be either witnessed by an SCCA member or notarized.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Kyle Chatham

Post by Kyle Chatham »

When you say notarized what does that mean? And as far as both parents signing it, I live with my dad and my stepmom would my step mom have to sign it?
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notary_public" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as who signs.... I'm not sure SCCA really understands what their doing in this regard. Maybe in Kansas they have perfect nuclear families. In California, we have the Clements and then everybody else.

All legal guardians need to sign the form. And all signatures must either be witnessed by an SCCA regular member (not temporary) or be notarized. Notary services are easy to find, they are everywhere sometimes even places like Kinko's. Almost all mail box places. I think its like $20 at those places. Come to you mobile notaries are available, but are much more expensive obviously.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

There are so many of us, I bet there's an SCCA solo member near you that would witness it for free.

Jay W
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Kyle Chatham wrote:When you say notarized what does that mean? And as far as both parents signing it, I live with my dad and my stepmom would my step mom have to sign it?
Even if you don't live with your mom she still has to sign it as well. Any minor in a hot area has to have both parents sign.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

In general terms that is true Jason, but how does SCCA deal with a parent that has lost parental rights? How do they deal with an additional legal guardian? I have had clients with 3 or more simultaneous legal guardians. Its not as uncommon as one would hope. In fact at one point in a particularly ugly case I did pro bono, the minor had 5 legal guardians at one time fighting it out before a weak judge that couldn't make a decision.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600