Instructors needed - Street Survival

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: Instructors needed - Street Survival

Post by George Schilling »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
George Schilling wrote:
Tin Bui wrote:What is the start and end time for the school?
The event is still in the planning stages Tin, but I think the schedule would be very similar to our autox days. We'll need at least 5 or 6 folks willing to come early (7ish I'm thinking) to set up, and several to stay a little later to pack up, say to 6:00ish. These are just uneducated guesses at this point. As I receive more information, I'll post it in this thread. I don't expect anyone to be there from dawn to dusk including me. Figure putting in a 8-9 hour day max on either an AM shift or PM shift.
Put me down for the AM shift if that's how you decide to work it out. I have late afternoon plans already.
Will do Leonard.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

George Schilling wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:
Tom Berry wrote:Finally coming to Southern California...... The Tire Rack Street Survival program.
Have you ever been disappointed in the lack of driving instruction that our teens get as they are learning to drive?
I mean real driving.... the kind of driving that we know is important? Accident avoidance, car control, car dynamics etc.
Here is your chance to get involved to fix this!

The Tire Rack Street Survival program is outstanding and is sponsored by SCCA, BMW-CCA, Tire Rack, Michelin, Enterprise RAC. and the SCCA Foundation.
So here it is.... April 20th at Auto Club Speedway we are going to have 30 teens that will be ready to learn and WE will be there to help them.
We need 15 instructors and 3 or 4 other helpers to pull this off. This program has been VERY successful across the country and is quite rewarding to the instructors as well as to the students.
In return.... you get a free practice day.. April 21st and a free instructor shirt... and you get free food... and that good warm feeling deep down that you have done something really cool.
Please contact me here on the board or call me at 909-641-1123.
Get involved in this one! You will really like it.
Thanks,
Tom
Both Sharon AND I would be interested in iNSTRUCTING if you can use our help.
Sharon's shirt size Ed? I know yours! :P

She likes LARGE, although I'm sure she's a Petite ;)
And I'm a XXL, although your records probably show "petite". 8-)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Mari Clements
Club: PSCC
Car#: 130

Post by Mari Clements »

I'm in. (M)
Mari Clements
Car#: 130

Post by Mari Clements »

Also, is there any room for additional students? One of our friends from church has been asking for a while now...
David Barrish
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

George,

Size L on the shirt.

David
Lisa Severy

Post by Lisa Severy »

Hi Tom/George,

If it's not too late/if you additional instructors are needed, I would love to help you out!
I have hoped that the club would start to sponsor these schools and I am more than willing to support the effort!
Mike Yanase
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 16

Post by Mike Yanase »

Hey George I talked with you on the phone already, but bought I post up also.
Size m here
George Schilling
Club Representative

Lisa Severy wrote:Hi Tom/George,

If it's not too late/if you additional instructors are needed, I would love to help you out!
I have hoped that the club would start to sponsor these schools and I am more than willing to support the effort!
Of course there's room for you Lisa. What's your t-shirt size?
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

I can take one more volunteer then I'll start a waiting list if we have more who'd like to participate.

I now have the curriculum for the school on google docs. I'd like to share this with all the volunteers so we are all on the same page come the day of the event. To do that, I'll need everyone's email address. You can post it on this thread, PM, or email me.

Mari, I've got an email to Russell about adding students. I'll let you know when I know.

Thanks everyone for helping out with this.
Hi Ly
Car#: 52

Post by Hi Ly »

Hello George,
This is Hi Ly. Count me in. I'll do whatever job you need me to do. Shirt size=XL
George Schilling
Club Representative

Hi Ly wrote:Hello George,
This is Hi Ly. Count me in. I'll do whatever job you need me to do. Shirt size=XL
Thanks to all who have volunteered. And thank you Hi. Bill Chin had PM'd me and for now has the last slot. However, I need a few on the bench just in case. So I've got you on a stand-by list for now. Anyone else who would like to be on that list can chime-in.

Again, everyone, including stand-bys, if you'll please supply your email address to me either here, PM, or email, I'll send you a link to the curriculum so you can see what we are going to be doing.
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

I'm willing to help however you need me. I'll PM you my Email address.
Mark D.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Everyone should now have a link to the curriculum with the exception of the following people who's email address I don't have.

John Basinger
Steve Lepper
Last edited by George Schilling on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

George did you have me down as an instructor? I checked with Mikala and she said I'm good to do this.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Kurt Rahn wrote:George did you have me down as an instructor? I checked with Mikala and she said I'm good to do this.
Hi! This is George's secretary. He shows you as #2 on the list on page 1 of this thread, although we do not have your shirt size. Our records show "petite 44 DD". Is this correct? }:)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
George Schilling
Club Representative

Kurt Rahn wrote:George did you have me down as an instructor? I checked with Mikala and she said I'm good to do this.
Yep, need your shirt size?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Ed Holley wrote:
Hi! This is George's secretary. He shows you as #2 on the list on page 1 of this thread, although we do not have your shirt size. Our records show "petite 44 DD". Is this correct? }:)
:lol:
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Ed Holley wrote:
You're way off...more like 60 DDD
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

George Schilling wrote:
Yep, need your shirt size?
XXXL
==============
George Schilling
Club Representative

I'm still looking for John Basinger's email address.

Still looking for Lisa Severy's shirt size.

More information will be along shortly. I do know we'll need a half dozen or so to be there at 6:30ish for set-up. The remainder can come 8ish. First car out is @9am.

There is still plenty of room for students aged 15-21. Please pass the word. Register here.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

It's says ages starting at 15, but I imagine they must have their learners permit, correct?
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Everyone should be sharing the link on their Facebook page:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... W9Nyr8wJQl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Schilling
Club Representative

Mako Koiwai wrote:It's says ages starting at 15, but I imagine they must have their learners permit, correct?
Yes, a permit is required.
Mike Yanase
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 16

Post by Mike Yanase »

There is a chance I may have to give up my instructing position. I will know definitely by tomorrow morning
George Schilling
Club Representative

Mike Yanase wrote:There is a chance I may have to give up my instructing position. I will know definitely by tomorrow morning

Mike, I've got it covered if you need to bail.