3/1-2 El Toro Registration

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Brian Joe

3/1-2 El Toro Registration

Post by Brian Joe »

I logged in to Motosport Reg and this event is not listed. Is this a valid event?

Also, what kind of turnout do you get on practice days? Do drivers generally get more track time on a practice day?

Thanks!
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: 3/1-2 El Toro Registration

Post by Rick Brown »

Brian Joe wrote:I logged in to Motosport Reg and this event is not listed. Is this a valid event?

Also, what kind of turnout do you get on practice days? Do drivers generally get more track time on a practice day?

Thanks!
Events will be posted by tomorrow. Practices almost always sell out (generally limited to 75-80 entrants), especially the next two at El Toro due to the upcoming ProSolo there in April. Practices usually have 12 runs compared to Sunday's 4.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

But remember..... Practices are 12 runs but you have a much longer work time and it costs more. On Sunday's you work one heat. You get four runs. You can have an extra instructor driven run that doesn't count against your four. You can add four more X runs for $25 that don't require another work heat. So, 8 runs, plus an instructor run, half the work and still less money. We also have guided newbie course walks, a novice coordinator, and a plenty of national caliber instructors in place on Sundays. And while Saturday's sellout, mainly due to National level competitors needing to test and tune, Sunday's don't sell out (though X runs might get limited).
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Robert Stangarone
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 186

Post by Robert Stangarone »

Just registered for 3/1 and 3/2. Look forward to enjoying some El Toro grip.
RS-R USA | Winmax | Delicious Tuning | CounterSpaceGarage | Raceseng | Cusco L.S.D.
Dave Davis

Post by Dave Davis »

cools, this newbie is signed up!
looking forward to this.
"All good projects have a coat of primer"
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

BTW, for those in need of a direct link to the sign-up page:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... wU5ueCAcXk
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Joshua Ramsey

Post by Joshua Ramsey »

Do you have to sign up for Sunday to be able to do Saturday practice? Or can you just do Saturday practice if you wanted (just curious)?

Also do you think the practice slalom pad will be available like last time?

Thanks and cya Sunday.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Joshua Ramsey wrote:Do you have to sign up for Sunday to be able to do Saturday practice? Or can you just do Saturday practice if you wanted (just curious)?

Thanks and cya Sunday.
You don't have to sign up for Sunday to do the Saturday practice, but the registration for this practice looks like it is giving priority to 1) PSCC members, 2) CSCC region officials, 3) ProSolo entrants, 4) CSCC Points Card holders, and, finally, 3 spots for newbies.

Have no idea if there will be a slalom pad.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Joshua Ramsey wrote:Do you have to sign up for Sunday to be able to do Saturday practice? Or can you just do Saturday practice if you wanted (just curious)?

Thanks and cya Sunday.
You don't have to sign up for Sunday to do the Saturday practice, but the registration for this practice looks like it is giving priority to 1) PSCC members, 2) CSCC region officials, 3) ProSolo entrants, 4) CSCC Points Card holders, and, finally, 3 spots for newbies.

Have no idea if there will be a slalom pad.
While I haven't done the sorting yet (planned on doing it on Saturday), just looked and there are already 100 applicants, so that means a waiting list of 20 or so. No real point in signing up now. In fact, I'm closing registration now.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

so was anyone ever going to make a post announcing that the practice was open?
Jeff Cashmore

Jeff Cashmore looking for a ride on Sunday the 2nd.

Post by Jeff Cashmore »

After suffering through a long Wisconsin winter I'll be visiting family in Palm Springs next weekend and I was wondering if anyone wanted a co-driver for Sunday's El Toro event. Street tires are fine with me and I'd be happy to run time only/off heat. Can offer set up help/driver coaching or keep my mouth shut if that's what you'd prefer. :)

It's just me, Denise and son Ryan are heading to the beach/aquarium. Please reply to cashmo at hotmail dot com.

Thanks,
Jeff Cashmore
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Marshall Grice wrote:so was anyone ever going to make a post announcing that the practice was open?
Oops. But there was this thread, the one you are looking at, which indicated the flyers would be up Feb 10, which they were. Probably why I forgot to make the usual announcement post. Sorry.

OK, back open for those "I'll wait until the last minute to register" people. ;).
If you are not in one of the top priority categories (ProSolo entrant, CSCC region official, CSCC points card holder) not likely to get in.

Flyers for the March 22-23 events should be up soon and will likely have a priority system for the practice also.
Jeff Cashmore

Post by Jeff Cashmore »

Any chance we can bend the no passengers rule for a couple of runs on Sunday? I'm looking to get some feedback for the Street Class Advisory Cmte. If anyone has contact info for Sean Fenstermacher or Jeff Stuart, could you please send it to me at cashmo at hotmail dot com?

Thanks
Jeff Cashmore
Marshall Grice
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Jeff Cashmore wrote:Any chance we can bend the no passengers rule for a couple of runs on Sunday? I'm looking to get some feedback for the Street Class Advisory Cmte. If anyone has contact info for Sean Fenstermacher or Jeff Stuart, could you please send it to me at cashmo at hotmail dot com?

Thanks
Jeff Cashmore
if you take time only or X-runs there is no rule prohibiting passengers. no special bending required.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Jeff Cashmore wrote:If anyone has contact info for Sean Fenstermacher or Jeff Stuart
They're both too famous to take calls. ;-)

Since we use real life names on this forum, it's easy to PM them, (i.e. user names "Sean Fenstermacher" and "Jeff Stuart"). They both respond to PMs here.

Jay W
Will Kalman
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

Jeff Cashmore wrote:Any chance we can bend the no passengers rule for a couple of runs on Sunday? I'm looking to get some feedback for the Street Class Advisory Cmte. If anyone has contact info for Sean Fenstermacher or Jeff Stuart, could you please send it to me at cashmo at hotmail dot com?

Thanks
Jeff Cashmore
Just lay down the winning first run driving alone and forfeit scoring for the remaining ones with a passenger :D
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

@Cashmo What are you looking for on the passenger thing? If you're driving then just do Time Only or X. But if you want to take some rides in some street cars, I think we could probably work something out if you promised not to coach til after the runs were completed for that class. Not my call to make, but I think we could be flexible.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Tom Berry
Car#: 72

Re: Jeff Cashmore looking for a ride on Sunday the 2nd.

Post by Tom Berry »

Jeff Cashmore wrote:After suffering through a long Wisconsin winter I'll be visiting family in Palm Springs next weekend and I was wondering if anyone wanted a co-driver for Sunday's El Toro event. Street tires are fine with me and I'd be happy to run time only/off heat. Can offer set up help/driver coaching or keep my mouth shut if that's what you'd prefer. :)

It's just me, Denise and son Ryan are heading to the beach/aquarium. Please reply to cashmo at hotmail dot com.

Thanks,
Jeff Cashmore
Jeff,
We would be glad to have you drive the STX BMW if you have not already found a ride:)
Just don't bring that white stuff with you!
Tom
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Re: Jeff Cashmore looking for a ride on Sunday the 2nd.

Post by Craig Naylor »

Tom Berry wrote:Jeff,
We would be glad to have you drive the STX BMW if you have not already found a ride:)
Just don't bring that white stuff with you!
Tom
He doesn't have to bring the white stuff with him. Didn't you read? He was taking the family to the beach. Plenty of sand to find there! :lol:
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I don't know if I'm in the practice or not, but I just found out I have to cancel.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Kurt Rahn wrote:I don't know if I'm in the practice or not, but I just found out I have to cancel.
Noted.
I'll work on the Practice list tonight. And the Sunday Run Order. If I don't fall asleep, it might even get posted tonight.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Rick - I need to cancel from the practice as well. House moving precludes spending all weekend racing!
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Dave Davis

Post by Dave Davis »

any word on a list?
so cal expecting rain too.

i'd guess you guys dont run in rain or wet conditions.?
"All good projects have a coat of primer"
Bill Schenker
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Max Hayter wrote:Rick - I need to cancel from the practice as well. House moving precludes spending all weekend racing!
Dilettante!
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Dave Davis wrote:any word on a list?
so cal expecting rain too.

i'd guess you guys dont run in rain or wet conditions.?
We are not a bunch of hillbilly left turners - we run rain or shine!
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC