Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Scott Larsen

Re: Post Car Classing Help Questions Here!

Post by Scott Larsen » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:48 am

Hello! Need help classing a 2012 Mustang Gt with basic cold air intake, exhaust and tune. Running Bfgoodrich comp 2 tires. TIA

Earl Merz
Club: No$
Car#: 40

Post by Earl Merz » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:54 am

CAM would be an easy classification. it's basically any mods (limited aero) and 200 treadwear tires. We have a fairly good sized group that shows up each month. Otherwise ESP or a street touring class.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE with Nav (need it to find my way around the course)

Jack Fowler

Post by Jack Fowler » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:10 pm

Hey everyone.

Newcomer here looking for help with classing.

Experience:
I don’t have any experience with autocross track days with my car, but I have a lot of experience in other Motorsports like dirt bikes and go carts. I’m not sure how my ability with autocross would be, but either way you look at it I’m a beginner.

Car:
I have a 2011 BMW 135i with the N55 motor.
The car is completely stock other than wheel spacers and new 200 tread wear tires.

Any advice would be awesome!

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:28 am

Hi Jack, welcome to the group. Your car would be in F Street (FS). You also have the option of running in Novice class with other new people. This is an indexed class with times modified based on your regular class, but you run at the same time as other FS cars. Note that we have instruction available for new people, including a guided course walk and instructors that can ride with you or even drive your car to show you what it's like.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...