Junior Karts running this weekend, are they?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

David Barrish
Club: PSCC
Car#: 58

Junior Karts running this weekend, are they?

Post by David Barrish »

Each region is approved to run JA at their Solo events. To be approved for JB or JC a region must have recent experience running Formula Junior karts and must contact the National Office for approval (solo@scca.com).

The above was taken from the mother ship web site this morning. There are two kids running at the PRO, so far.

What up on a local basis?
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: Junior Karts running this weekend, are they?

Post by Anthony P. »

The entire Jr. Kart program is suspended. https://www.scca.com/articles/2013773-s ... ed-on-hold

This is do to an issue that was not prevented even though the region did everything required of them by the JDP rules. Because of this a full program review was done and the decision was made to suspend the program nationwide. We were not given a timeline, but I would expect it to continue past the west coast Pro Solos.

You can email BHarmer@scca.com if you would like to volunteer to be on the review committee to help close the gaps in safety in the JDP program.
jdp.JPG
jdp.JPG (150.97 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
David Barrish
Club: PSCC
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

Yes, I see that but the registration for the PRO opened up on 6/17/2020 and two participants did register for JA.

Might be a miscue, no?
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

David Barrish wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:03 am Yes, I see that but the registration for the PRO opened up on 6/17/2020 and two participants did register for JA.

Might be a miscue, no?
I think they were already there from before, although I suppose they might have a super pass. I emailed brian harmer to remind him about those.