Challenge Workers for the Pro

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Challenge Workers for the Pro

Post by Kurt Rahn »

As you are probably aware CalClub, as the hosting region, is responsible for providing course workers for Sunday's challenges at the ProSolo in El Toro on 4/7. You will be asked repeatedly, by numerous people, including me and my co-worker chief, Morgan Trotter to help work the challenges. Having enough people to effectively call in cones and set the course back up has national implications to a lot of the drivers, and not being able to properly work the challenge courses reflects badly on our region.

I've had a bunch of people ask me, in my capacity as membership chair, how they can contribute to our regional events, since that's one of the criteria I use to award 1-199 numbers. This is a huge way to do it and be recognized for your efforts.

Please budget in the extra time and plan to help work the challenges if you're not running in them. BTW, just because you're running in one challenge doesn't mean you can't work one of the others.

See you all out there, good luck at the Tour and happy Easter!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn

Re: Challenge Workers for the Pro

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Bump. Now that the Tour is over and people are starting to focus on the Pro, I wanted to make sure all Cal Clubbers saw this. Please schedule in the extra time to help us out with the challenges on Sunday afternoon once the regular runs are completed. This is our showcase national event, and people from all other regions, as well as the national folks, will be watching to see how well we, as a region, pull together to produce a strong, smoothly run event.

I was worker chief last year, and I can tell you that regional help with the challenges was underwhelming.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

I'll be there and be glad to help...
but I'm also planning on our car being one of the ones in the challenge! }:)

I can stay late and help pack up, or whatever else needs doing.
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

I'm also looking for volunteers to help me clean up the course.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

It's been my experience that in order to get commitments, the best way is to walk around with a clip board on Saturday before everyone is tired, get commitments and write their name down. Once you have names, you're golden. :)
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

George Schilling wrote:It's been my experience that in order to get commitments, the best way is to walk around with a clip board on Saturday before everyone is tired, get commitments and write their name down. Once you have names, you're golden. :)
We plan on doing that too. I just figured I'd grease the skids :gpower:
==============
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Steve Lepper wrote:I'm also planning on our car being one of the ones in the challenge! }:)
Your optimism is commendable. I think you and I are in the same boat, though. :lol:
==============
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Big thanks to everyone who worked the challenges today!

Mike Palero
Jayson Woodruff
Terence Chang
Kurt Williams
Mike Yanase
Jon Hartendorp
Bill Colvin
Rick Brown
Bobby Beyer
Christine Grice
David Rios
Mark Hasbun
Vincent Wong
Art Grant
Alex Valencia
Stephen Yeoh

You all made the region look good and the challenges couldn't have been run without you!
==============