Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

For Sale: 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Well Prepped for STR

Post by Sebastian Rios »

For Sale: 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata (NC Chassis) 6 speed manual transmission. Solo Nationals Podium Trophy Winner, Multiple National Tour, and ProSolo wins.
$8,000 OBO (Offers from Cal-Club members will be considered before others).

Link to photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7kSstvnv7Hnxw1839

This car is well prepared for SCCA Solo STR class, or would make a great track car with the addition of adequate roll protection.
In general, if a part is listed in the modifications, I still own the stock part, and it will be included with the car.

Engine:
Low mileage original engine (44,883 miles). Regularly maintained with synthetic oil.
Cold air intake draws air from behind front bumper cover (cool air).
PPE long tube header, high flow race catalytic converter, Racing Beat, or Magnaflow muffler (both included, magnaflow passes strict San Diego SCCA sound regulations).
Cat-less exhaust, and additional catted exhaust system will be included (mid-pipe).
ECU tuned by Moto East for 91 octane fuel. Approximately 160hp at the wheels.

Wheels/Tires:
Enkei RPF-1 17x9 (2 sets. 1 silver, 1 black). 245-40/17 Bridgestone Re-71 Approximately 20 runs, still lots of life.

Suspension:
Sachs double adjustable (compression/rebound) MX-5 Cup shocks. Last rebuilt in 2016 by ProParts USA. These are nice shocks, retail is approximately $1,000 per corner :o .
Custom ProParts USA pillow ball shock mounts.
Mazdaspeed limited slip differential.
Racing Beat adjustable front sway bar (3 positions per side) with adjustable Heim joint endlinks.
Custom delrin upper control arm bushings offset for additional camber, with shims for adjustable caster. Polyurethane bushings in other locations.
Cross drilled brake rotors, brake pads optimized for feel and to avoid ABS.

Interior:
Sparco racing seat
Delrin shift knob.

It's not perfect on the outside. Although it’s never been in an accident, the scars of cone hits are present, as well as a few self-inflicted bumps from trailer loading or unloading. Like most MX-5s the sideskirts have had a hard life, I have permanently attached them using specialty sheet metal screws.
The convertible top is in need of replacement, there are small tears that will grow with continued exposure.

Overall, it's a solid and very reliable car low mileage car, with quality racing parts installed. You can expect years of trouble free enjoyment with very little maintenance.
I can bring it out to the practice on Saturday if you are interested. You could take even it for a run if you are serious…
Text: (951) 415-75 one eight <----That’s so the robots can’t find me.
Last edited by Sebastian Rios on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Re: For Sale: 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata Well Prepped for STR

Post by Max Hayter »

Dammit... I want it back. Such an awesome car to drive. I thought it was still a 5 speed, or did you convert it back?
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!

Post by Sebastian Rios »

It's back to 6-speed after blowing the 5-speed at last year's Pro.
Hristo Dikov

Post by Hristo Dikov »

Hi Sebastian, is the car still available?
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Hello Hristo.
Yes, the car is still available. If you would like to arrange to see it in person please text (951) 415-75 one eight
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!

Post by Sebastian Rios »

SOLD!!!
Thanks for looking