Tentative COVID-19 Guidelines Starting June 20th

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Sean Fenstermacher
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 81

Tentative COVID-19 Guidelines Starting June 20th

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

**Please note these guidelines are subject to change and this post will be updated accordingly**

Hi all,

As our next event is just around the corner, please be sure to update yourself on our most recent COVID-19 event guidelines.
These guidelines are expected to be tweaked a bit as our conversations ACS management evolve and local government restrictions change.

Cal Club SCCA Supplemental Safety Guidelines for COVID-19

In wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, these guidelines are intended to create a safe event
environment by following the recommendations set forth by both the National SCCA
office and all Government mandates.

We ask that all participants review these guidelines. Your understanding of these
guidelines will help keep our events possible. Please keep in mind the following:

1. Some of our members are in high-risk categories. Others may have at-risk family
members at home. Do your best to keep them safe.
2. Respect your fellow members. Your opinions about current guidelines are not
shared by everyone. Behave accordingly, and keep it about the racing, that’s why
we’re here.
3. The virus is not the only risk to our events. Government officials have the power
to end current and future events, including potential monitoring by law
enforcement and the health department. Our venues can also shut down our
events if they perceive that we are not behaving appropriately. So, behave as if
your day of racing, and everyone else’s, depends on it – because it does.

Noncompliance with these safety guidelines may result in your removal from the
Event.

The following guidelines and revised event protocols, in conjunction with those issued
by the SCCA National Office, are our attempt to secure your safety given what we know
at this time. We cannot predict every circumstance or mitigate every potential risk. We
are counting on you to exercise your best judgment both before and throughout the
event. We reserve the right to change these processes, at any time, as may be needed.
If you are sick or symptomatic, stay home. Self-check your temperature before the
event and if it is over 100.3 ℉ please stay home. You will not be charged if you do not
attend. Additionally, upon entry to the site your temperature will be taken using a
no-touch thermometer. Entrance may be denied pending this reading.

If you become sick at the event, let us know! Please maintain your social distancing
and notify the event chair immediately. We are contractually obligated to inform
Autoclub Speedway of any potential event exposures to COVID-19. Please practice
social distancing and contact the event chair prior to leaving so that we can get you help
if needed, and track others who may have been in contact with you.

Events are closed to spectators. This includes your family members and friends that
may want to come down and watch or support. Only registered entrants are allowed into
the event.

Participants are required to bring their own personal protective equipment (PPE).
Your safety needs to be your first priority as always, please do not show up to an event
without a proper face covering. We will have hand sanitizing materials, as well as gloves
and basic PPE on hand for event operational needs only. We reserve the right to turn
anyone away who does not come prepared to our events.

You must observe all social distancing, sanitizing and handwashing guidelines.

You must maintain social distancing and have your face covering with you at all times
during the event. If social distancing is not possible at any point in time while at the
event, you must wear a face covering. Course walkers must wear a face covering and
to the extent where practical, maintain social distance.

Again, participants must wear face coverings at all times when in hot areas of the
event (grid and course), during your work assignment and during your run group
when not helmeted in your vehicle.

The loaner helmet program is suspended until further notice. Loaner helmets will
not be available, you must bring your own.

Co-driving of vehicles shall be limited to the following persons:
● Direct household members
● Registered and consenting co-drivers

Instructor ride-alongs will no longer be allowed until further notice.

The following are additional revisions to event protocols and processes that will
be implemented. These changes are being made to limit social interaction and
shared touch points. They may be modified as needed throughout the event
season:
● Registration, waivers and wristbands, and tech will be handled on a drive through
basis, observed at a social distance. Unnecessary handling of waivers,
wristbands and tech inspection documents should be avoided.
● Paddock spaces shall observe social distancing protocols. Ample paddock
space will be provided such that no two cars shall be parked adjacent to one
another.
● Tech shall be performed by the driver who shall be supervised by a Cal Club
member. If assistance is required, a Tech worker may perform the duty as long
as social distancing is respected.
● The drivers meeting will be conducted via FM radio broadcast, and via our public
address system. Do not gather as a group at the trailer, maintain social distance.
● The Timing Trailer will be limited to critical personnel only. Access is denied to
anyone who is not listed for work in the trailer.
● Event equipment and work surfaces must be sanitized throughout the day.

Before and after your work assignment, use the materials provided to wipe down
radios, headsets, flags, keyboards, work surfaces, etc. and use gloves during
your assignment if possible.

If necessary, remind each other gently and respectfully to observe these guidelines.

Anyone who continually or willfully violates these guidelines will be asked to
leave.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing all our
friends back in action!

Linked below is the SCCA Home Office’s official COVID-19 recommendations page.

Please review the link for further tips on how to help us keep our events safe in these
trying times.
https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-1588021 ... item_88824

From all of us at Cal Club Autocross, thank you for your support.

Let’s keep six feet apart so we don’t have to hold the start!
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Re: Tentative COVID-19 Guidelines Starting June 20th

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

"Events are closed to spectators. This includes your family members and friends that
may want to come down and watch or support. Only registered entrants are allowed into
the event."

That statement is in direct conflict with the promise made by SCCA President Mike Cobb on the JDP Townhall that juniors no longer able to run would be allowed to attend SCCA events.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Reed Gibson »

Steve Ekstrand wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pm "Events are closed to spectators. This includes your family members and friends that
the event."

That statement is in direct conflict with the promise made by SCCA President Mike Cobb on the JDP Townhall that juniors no longer able to run would be allowed to attend SCCA events.
This is the guide we've sent to the Speedway for approval. At this time we are still hashing out the final approvals to even run the event. Please bear with us as we get things sorted. I've already been informed by a few members that this statement will cause some problems with our regular non-driver attendees and I'll add the ex-Junior's to that list. Hopefully we can get some added flexibility but unfortunately, at the moment I'm writing this, we don't have that luxury.
Sean Fenstermacher
Car#: 81

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Sorry Steve, it's a timing issue.

The deadline to get language drafted and submitted to ACS for approval clearance to finalize things for this coming June event was before the JDP town hall meeting. More than likely, language will change to allow additional guests for the July event at a minimum.

National and Regional languages will eventually align.
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

Steve Ekstrand wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pm "Events are closed to spectators. This includes your family members and friends that
the event."

It costs nothing to be registered as a co-driver as he is already an scca member....... just saying, you could work around this, for this event. I expect this to change for the next event.
Howard Kopel

Post by Howard Kopel »

The Drivers List is still not up and it was supposed to by up yesterday 6/17 :?:

DH
David Barrish
Club: PSCC
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

How do I add Samuel as my co-driver so he can come to the event? Mary is working this weekend and I'm on duty.
Marshall Grice
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Any updates to the registered participants only restriction?
Reed Gibson

Post by Reed Gibson »

Marshall Grice wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:03 pm Any updates to the registered participants only restriction?
We submitted an updated guideline to ACS that tried to open up things for non-registered guests but were shot down. Currently, the wording we have awaiting approval is in line with NMCA's policy which allows one "Crew" member per registered driver. Now the definition of a "Crew" member can be up for debate but in general it should be an adult (18+) who is present to help with the operation of a vehicle in some capacity ;) .

Hopefully the speedway gets back to us in the next day or two so we can release an updated guideline. We'd prefer to wait until things are confirmed to try and avoid confusion!
Marshall Grice
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

is the no minor's policy going to apply to the pro solo?
Reed Gibson

Post by Reed Gibson »

Marshall Grice wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:33 am is the no minor's policy going to apply to the pro solo?
I have no clue what's happening at the head office with regards to the Pro Solo ... we should probably reach out to them and get them briefed on what hoops we're currently jumping through to rent the site.
Dan Chavez

Post by Dan Chavez »

Any idea on when minors may be allowed at the autocross events again? I know this is probably a pointless question since I'm sure there's no definitive answer yet. But I'm planning on attending the May event, and hope that I can bring my 13 yo daughter, as she's been dying to come and ride shotgun. Thanks!
Reed Gibson

Post by Reed Gibson »

Dan Chavez wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:11 pm Any idea on when minors may be allowed at the autocross events again? I know this is probably a pointless question since I'm sure there's no definitive answer yet. But I'm planning on attending the May event, and hope that I can bring my 13 yo daughter, as she's been dying to come and ride shotgun. Thanks!
Still no word, but I personally wouldn't expect the Speedway to ease up on anything until we are mostly back to normal. As soon as we hear anything we'll be sure to blast it out.
Anthony P.
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

Dan Chavez wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:11 pm Any idea on when minors may be allowed at the autocross events again? I know this is probably a pointless question since I'm sure there's no definitive answer yet. But I'm planning on attending the May event, and hope that I can bring my 13 yo daughter, as she's been dying to come and ride shotgun. Thanks!
Yeah, when can I bring Penelope and Lauren out again too?
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair
Car#: 88

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Sorry, as of right now, Autoclub still requires participants and one crew. No spectators or non-participant minors - yet. With the counties opening up, stay tuned. I'll be posting up as soon as I hear that the rules have changed.
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Dan Chavez

Post by Dan Chavez »

Thanks, guys. I appreciate you all being on top of everything. I'm sure you're just as anxious as we all are for things to start loosening up again.