CST and Extreme Street Classes 2022

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

CST and Extreme Street Classes 2022

Post by Rick Brown »

In response to requests for changes to local classing for CST, XA, and XB, plus electric vehicles, the following was approved by the Board for 2022:
- CST will remain in place. There was not a clear majority for eliminating CST in favor of XS classes.
- A new class of XEV (Extreme Street Electric) has been created, with an index the same as XA, but rule set of CST
- Extreme Street classes will be combined into an indexed class, XS

When registering, you can only select XS (Extreme Street Combined), then select XA, XB, or XEV from Modifiers.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kyle O'Rourke
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 860

Re: CST and Extreme Street Classes 2022

Post by Kyle O'Rourke »

Thanks for the info. Can you use these indexes to run in PAX?

Just to double check, if I wanted to run a modified electric vehicle, I can do so with XEV but this will follow the rules of CST rather than the EVX ruleset?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Kyle O'Rourke wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:42 pm Thanks for the info. Can you use these indexes to run in PAX?
No, our PAX class is specifically for SCCA National classes only, no provisional classes or local classes.
Just to double check, if I wanted to run a modified electric vehicle, I can do so with XEV but this will follow the rules of CST rather than the EVX ruleset?
Correct.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: CASOC
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Rick Brown wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:43 pm In response to requests for changes to local classing for CST, XA, and XB, plus electric vehicles, the following was approved by the Board for 2022:
- CST will remain in place. There was not a clear majority for eliminating CST in favor of XS classes.
- A new class of XEV (Extreme Street Electric) has been created, with an index the same as XA, but rule set of CST

When registering, you can only select XS (Extreme Street Combined), then select XA, XB, or XEV from Modifiers.
Not that I don’t believe you, but can you point me to the section in the sup regs that establishes this change?
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Reed Gibson »

Marshall Grice wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:56 am
Rick Brown wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:43 pm In response to requests for changes to local classing for CST, XA, and XB, plus electric vehicles, the following was approved by the Board for 2022:

Not that I don’t believe you, but can you point me to the section in the sup regs that establishes this change?
As long as we publish the '22 Supps before the first run of the season starts we good right? :lol:
Tom Kamman

Post by Tom Kamman »

Just wondering if there is any chance our local PAX class will ever allow CAM back in it? CAM has been around since 2014 what are we afraid of?
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Reed Gibson »

Tom Kamman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:50 pm Just wondering if there is any chance our local PAX class will ever allow CAM back in it? CAM has been around since 2014 what are we afraid of?
It's still not a "real" class. Same as XS. The SCCA is still afraid of it, I'm personally not that afraid of it but will acknowledge that it's open rule set is worrying. That said, you can lobby the directors to make a change but that probably won't happen this year. Even better, you could run against them next year and make an initiative to change it yourself!
Tom Kamman

Post by Tom Kamman »

Gotcha. Does anyone know offhand what our PAX is for CST this year?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Tom Kamman wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:49 am Gotcha. Does anyone know offhand what our PAX is for CST this year?
Per our Supp regs:
CSM (same as National SSM) 0.883 for 2022
CST (CSM index x .980) so .865 for 2022