(SOLD) 1990 Spec Miata 1.6L

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Brian Linn

(SOLD) 1990 Spec Miata 1.6L

Post by Brian Linn »

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

I have a lonely Spec Miata that needs a new home. For the past few years I've been hoping to get it back on track, but it just isn't happening. My FP Miata has taken too much time/attention to do anything with it.
You can have it up and ready for the first races of the year and attend the Runoffs at Laguna Seca in SM or STL!

1990 1.6 Miata
full SM suspension kit
Rebello engine
Autopower weld-in cage
Team Dynamic wheels
Mazdaspeed 1.6L LSD (rare but can be fragile - 1 weekend on it since new, assembled by RUSH Motorsports)
Red Line Fluids - which all need to be changed now
SCCA and NASA logo books
Transponder - rechargeable
radio box in car, antenna and harness

body has typical SM "impressions"

needs:
a seat -
a battery, although I have one that I can jump that I use to start it up
new seat belts (I had the belts re-webbed by Crow a few years ago anticipating it's usage, but I think they've expired while in the box)
the latest updates allowed by the SM rules - Fat Cat bump stop, Fuel pressure regulator...

prior to it's parking it had one front row start at Willow Springs and a podium at Buttonwillow in my hands. I bought it in '03 - the previous owner was NASA SM Champion in '02 in Nor Cal - "Buccellato"

Asking $5,999 - looking for quick sale to fund next year's Runoffs project (and clear some space) (and because my wife has some silly limit that I only should have 2 races cars at any one time)
Last edited by Brian Linn on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Re: (For Sale) 1990 Spec Miata 1.6L (or STL/ITA/FP)

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Brian Linn wrote: Asking $5,999 - looking for quick sale to fund next year's Runoffs project (and clear some space) (and because my wife has some silly limit that I only should have 2 races cars at any one time)

(three I O) 33 nine - nine 378
brian linn at g mail dot com
Whats next?
Brian Linn

Post by Brian Linn »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:Whats next?
Working on that now. If I rent my car out again, I will probably drive a Huffaker MG - same one I drove a few years ago. We'll see

To post a photo here, do I need to have it hosted on another site? I have some photos if anyone is interested. Getting it cleaned up now.
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Brian Linn wrote: Working on that now. If I rent my car out again, I will probably drive a Huffaker MG - same one I drove a few years ago. We'll see

To post a photo here, do I need to have it hosted on another site? I have some photos if anyone is interested. Getting it cleaned up now.
Cool, hope that works out for you.

Yes, you need to host your images on another site, then click the Img tag to post them.
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Brian Linn wrote: Working on that now. If I rent my car out again, I will probably drive a Huffaker MG - same one I drove a few years ago. We'll see

Yes, you need to host your images on another site, then click the Img tag to post them.
Actually, that is not entirely true. When you created your NEW TOPIC (the listing) one of the tabs down below was/is entitled "Upload Attachment". You use that to browse your own computer or wherever the photo is and upload it here.

Jason, maybe we are saying the same thing. I just did not want him to think he had to use a third party for storing photos for his ad. He can upload them directly here, although there probably is file size and cumulative images size restrictions. One photo should not be a problem. I posted a photo of my motorhome here...and it is really big. :D
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Brian Linn

Post by Brian Linn »

Ed Holley wrote:Actually, that is not entirely true. When you created your NEW TOPIC (the listing) one of the tabs down below was/is entitled "Upload Attachment".
Thank you. Looked around and didn't see that option.

This is way cheaper than starting from scratch if you include the cost of the donor car, hard top, cage, suspension kit, wheels and a built engine.

It comes with multiple exhaust options, including the SD exhaust. It has a Springfield Dyno (straight shot) intake. Carbotech brake pads as well as some Hawk spares.

I can cut some new vinyl numbers for doors and hood.
Attachments
left rear side.JPG
left rear side.JPG (319.1 KiB) Viewed 7290 times
Toby Larsson
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: PSCC

Post by Toby Larsson »

Brian Linn wrote:
This is way cheaper than starting from scratch if you include the cost of the donor car, hard top, cage, suspension kit, wheels and a built engine.
Having seen Brian's FP Miata and the attention to detail in preparation, I'm positive this is a bargain.

Bump for a good guy/seller :thumbup:
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Coe
Club: CASOC
Car#: 75

Post by Steve Coe »

Great car, even better deal and you can run it in DSP too.

Cars eligible for the current Club Racing Spec Miata rules are permitted
to compete in Street Prepared class D (DSP), with the additional allowance
that they may use any size of any tire which meets the requirements
of 15.3 and fits on the Spec Miata allowed wheels and within the
allowed bodywork. Spec Miata cars in DSP may not intermix use of the
Spec Miata and Street Prepared allowances. The competitor is responsible
for being in possession of the Spec Miata rules and for proving
that his/her car conforms to the rules.

Steve
Pete Loney
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Brian Linn wrote:I have a lonely Spec Miata that needs a new home. For the past few years I've been hoping to get it back on track, but it just isn't happening. My FP Miata has taken too much time/attention to do anything with it.
You can have it up and ready for the first races of the year and attend the Runoffs at Laguna Seca in SM or STL!

1990 1.6 Miata
full SM suspension kit
Rebello engine
Autopower weld-in cage
Team Dynamic wheels
Mazdaspeed 1.6L LSD (rare but can be fragile - 1 weekend on it since new, assembled by RUSH Motorsports)
Red Line Fluids - which all need to be changed now
SCCA and NASA logo books
Transponder - rechargeable
radio box in car, antenna and harness

body has typical SM "impressions"

needs:
a seat -
a battery, although I have one that I can jump that I use to start it up
new seat belts (I had the belts re-webbed by Crow a few years ago anticipating it's usage, but I think they've expired while in the box)
the latest updates allowed by the SM rules - Fat Cat bump stop, Fuel pressure regulator...

prior to it's parking it had one front row start at Willow Springs and a podium at Buttonwillow in my hands. I bought it in '03 - the previous owner was NASA SM Champion in '02 in Nor Cal - "Buccellato"

Asking $5,999 - looking for quick sale to fund next year's Runoffs project (and clear some space) (and because my wife has some silly limit that I only should have 2 races cars at any one time)

(three I O) 33 nine - nine 378
brian linn at g mail dot com
Am curious, is this street legal? i.e. turn signals, headlights, wipers etc....
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Brian Linn

Post by Brian Linn »

Pete Loney wrote:Am curious, is this street legal? i.e. turn signals, headlights, wipers etc....
It could be street legal, some SM drivers drive their car to the track. Because of the exhaust that's on the car, it's not very neighborly. I do have another exhaust that is better. It doesn't currently have registration, but I think I have the pink slip somewhere. It does have all the lights/wipers. You would need at cat converter to get it smogged.

When I moved it the other night I noticed the dash didn't work and recalled that I was in the midst of hooking up an AIM Mychron 3. That may be available. I do have a sensor for speed and oil pressure installed. I have another sensor for throttle position that is not installed.

Thanks for the kind words Toby. I do feel like I'm giving the car away at this price - I had paid $13k for it. But unless I invest some time and money into it to get it back on track, its just going to devalue more. I'm trying to focus on next year's Runoffs plans and not get side tracked.
Brian Linn

Post by Brian Linn »

some slightly better photos. I've had some interest...but no takers yet. I just bought a new transmission for my FP car, so some $ would be useful.
Attachments
photo 220.JPG
photo 220.JPG (85.98 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
photo 120.jpg
photo 120.jpg (69.86 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
photo 121.JPG
photo 121.JPG (61.34 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
Brian Linn

Post by Brian Linn »

one more
Attachments
photo 119.JPG
photo 119.JPG (63.7 KiB) Viewed 6929 times