NO$ Practice List

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: NO$ Practice List

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Typically very good
Chad Stubblefield
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 877

Post by Chad Stubblefield »

some people have to cancel last minute because they have no rims and tires to run on, like me.
Im should be recieving my 949's this week but its looking grim.
Chad Stubblefield
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 877

Post by Chad Stubblefield »

wooohooo!!
funny how I just decided to check this thread tonight and saw your post.
I will give you a call tomorrow
thanks
Mike Yanase
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 16

Post by Mike Yanase »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Typically very good
you never know until the night before. so i say check then
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

More often the answer is come out if your with in the top five on the waiting list and you'll likely get in, but NO guarantee. Otherwise the hosting club risks not having a full house. Between Friday night and Saturday morning people drop out with no time to inform anyone.
Yuki Haneda
Club: No$
Car#: 933

Post by Yuki Haneda »

well I already have a full house, (i've listed 80 when I originally wanted only 70).

NO GUARANTEE that I can bump people up the day of the event! Sorry Im trying my best here...
-Yuki-
Photo by MAKO: NO$ event '08!
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Yuki,

Right now I'd say your priority should be filling out the Calendar's event flyer with run groups. Not everyone is going to know that information is available through Axware. :)
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Yuki,

Right now I'd say your priority should be filling out the Calendar's event flyer with run groups. Not everyone is going to know that information is available through Axware. :)
Bob,

We haven't used that feature since resetting the run-groups this year. The built in system that Will programmed won't work with the split open/ladies system we're now using. Each event has been a link to the pdf like Rick already posted in the other thread.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Yuki,

Bob,

We haven't used that feature since resetting the run-groups this year. The built in system that Will programmed won't work with the split open/ladies system we're now using. Each event has been a link to the pdf like Rick already posted in the other thread.
Then fuhgattaboutit.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Yuki-

I've been sick for the past month and Stacey just came home from work with a 103F fever. We're still going to show to handle the kids karting and let Robert run, but we aren't going to be up to a practice I'm sure. So, I want to let you know now to cancel Stacey and I for Saturday so you can fill them.

Sorry to miss out on the practice, but we'll still see you there. Can't miss the wet T-shirt contest and wild bikini show! ;)

I'll send you an email too.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Steve Ekstrand wrote: Can't miss the wet T-shirt contest and wild bikini show! ;)
Supposed to be cloudy, so not that warm. Oh wait, that's not a negative for a wet T-shirt contest. Never mind.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Yuki-

I've been sick for the past month and Stacey just came home from work with a 103F fever. We're still going to show to handle the kids karting and let Robert run, but we aren't going to be up to a practice I'm sure. So, I want to let you know now to cancel Stacey and I for Saturday so you can fill them.

Sorry to miss out on the practice, but we'll still see you there. Can't miss the wet T-shirt contest and wild bikini show! ;)

I'll send you an email too.
I can handle youth steward duties if necessary.
kj
Steve Collins
Car#: 799

Post by Steve Collins »

KJ Christopher wrote:

Then someone should update the darned solo2 main page to *SAY* that instead of "incompete flyer" and "site will be updated soon". Take down the event list on the main page. Point people to wherever the actual event calender info is being posted. Provide a link from the main page to wherever the run group order has been moved to.

If folks who have been around for years can't find the run order, can't determine when events are open for registration, then how is someone new to the sport supposed to figure it out? In the couple of months that I've been away doing other stuff, these most basic parts of the operation seem to have gotten really messed up.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Collins wrote:
KJ Christopher wrote:

Then someone should update the darned solo2 main page to *SAY* that instead of "incompete flyer" and "site will be updated soon". Take down the event list on the main page. Point people to wherever the actual event calender info is being posted. Provide a link from the main page to wherever the run group order has been moved to.

If folks who have been around for years can't find the run order, can't determine when events are open for registration, then how is someone new to the sport supposed to figure it out? In the couple of months that I've been away doing other stuff, these most basic parts of the operation seem to have gotten really messed up.
Well, it is on the list of things to do. And if you are 'someone' capable, then we'd love to talk to you. If not, then thanks for the tip.
kj
Yuki Haneda

Post by Yuki Haneda »

check that off the list of things to do. main page is fixed.

im trying to my best here, taking it off tentative was not my priority list cause the link was still at the bottom of the flyer. now back to studying for my midterm tomorrow...
-Yuki-
Yuki Haneda

Post by Yuki Haneda »

actually nevermind, its still tentative :D

iono what im supposed to do for the run order posted on the flyer,

the ACTUAL SITE AT THE BOTTOM WHERE YOU REGISTER has the correct run order and thats ALL that matters to me
-Yuki-
Steve Collins

Post by Steve Collins »

Thanks for trying Yuki. Whoever decided to move everthing over to the AXWARE and abandon Solo2.com clearly hasn't worked out some of the details yet.
Yuki Haneda

Post by Yuki Haneda »

well I wouldnt blame that person, the new system works well actually.

We have lives outside of solo2. The link at the bottom HAS been there from the start regardless if the flyer being "tentative" or "incomplete flyer" and the link had everything correct...
-Yuki-
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

By morning, I didn't think you meant simply after midnight.... :)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Yuki Haneda

Post by Yuki Haneda »

haha im just so nice, dont you think so steve?
-Yuki-
Steve Collins

Post by Steve Collins »

Yuki Haneda wrote:well I wouldnt blame that person, the new system works well actually.

We have lives outside of solo2. The link at the bottom HAS been there from the start regardless if the flyer being "tentative" or "incomplete flyer" and the link had everything correct...
Yes, the axware stuff has some advantages and seems to sort of work most of the time if you don't do anything too "creative". I've got no problem with moving the event information there.

The problem I see is that the web MAIN web page at solo2.com, the front door to our organization, the place where I (used to..) look (and send NEW people to) for event information, the place that was used to distribute event information for the past several years (since I joined anyway) is STILL IN PLACE, is not being promptly updated, and says: "will be updated soon!!!".

Once again, Yuki, this is not a dig at you. I appreciate all the work it takes to organize an event, an believe me, I understand about "having a life outside of solo2". (I suspect that my personal calendar could be even more full than yours...) This is a CSCC web infrastructure problem and should not be your problem to fix. An event chair has enough stuff to worry about without having to update 17 different event announcements on 17 different websites and CSCC web-site redesign is certainly not your responsibility.

I respectfully suggest that if the Axware site is going to be CSCC's new info-hub, then we should take down the old event list template on solo2.com, and replace it with a single front-page link to axware. That would put all the info together in one place, so the event chair only has one place to update and so people who want to come to events can click on one bookmark and find all the info the need to plan and register for CSCC events.

My apologies to everyone I may have offended by making this suggestion. That was really not my intent.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Steve Collins wrote:My apologies to everyone I may have offended by making this suggestion. That was really not my intent.
Oh sure Steve.....we know what you're intent was. :mrgreen:

Your point is well taken. We'll discuss it at the meeting this month and see if we can come up with a solution.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Steve Collins wrote: Once again, Yuki, this is not a dig at you. I appreciate all the work it takes to organize an event, an believe me, I understand about "having a life outside of solo2". (I suspect that my personal calendar could be even more full than yours...) This is a CSCC web infrastructure problem and should not be your problem to fix. An event chair has enough stuff to worry about without having to update 17 different event announcements on 17 different websites and CSCC web-site redesign is certainly not your responsibility.

I respectfully suggest that if the Axware site is going to be CSCC's new info-hub, then we should take down the old event list template on solo2.com, and replace it with a single front-page link to axware. That would put all the info together in one place, so the event chair only has one place to update and so people who want to come to events can click on one bookmark and find all the info the need to plan and register for CSCC events.

My apologies to everyone I may have offended by making this suggestion. That was really not my intent.
Well.. technically it kinda IS a dig against Yuki since it's the responsibility of the event chief to update their event in the calendar. Pretty much everything you suggested is the general direction we're headed, sorry we're slow.. and you can figure the changes will probably continue to go in waves with large gaps between them. BTW, i still like having the calendar on solo2.com and still use it to figure out what's coming up, i just go to AXware for championship info.. still need the main site for Practice info. Lotta ins and outs need to be figured out before we just take stuff down, feel free to contact Mike S. if you want to help.
John Prosser

Post by John Prosser »

I hate to drag this back on topic.
I won't be able to make the practice.
Hopefully this will make someones day.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Someone = Christine/Black Cayman ... after the Ekstrand's dropped out.