S2K CR - RIP :(

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Kathy Teulie
Club: PSCC
Car#: 96

Re: S2K CR - RIP :(

Post by Kathy Teulie »

I am very shook up just looking at the pictures. I am so relieved that you are ok. The CR can be replaced. Please go see a doctor!!!
Pete Loney
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Mark DeShon wrote:Good god! Just looked at the album. Look at the amount of intrusion into the passenger compartment on the BMW! :o How fast was he going!?! I'm not usually a litigious person, but definitely, sue the crap outta him just for being an idiot. :x
Mark D.
Luckily, he had no passenger.
And, he didn't ride in the tow truck to the yard, of which I hung out at for over an hour waiting for a ride. He woulda got a piece of my mind if he had.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Steve Collins
Car#: 799

Post by Steve Collins »

Do NOT roll down the window.
The window tracks could be misaligned and It might break. Just leave it up until you can have someone pop the dent out of the door with one of those suction cup things.

The line about your jack sitting in the passenger seat sends chills down my spine. Guess we should really not have anything loose in the passenger compartment that we're not willing to be tumble-dried with.

Very very glad you are in one-piece after all that. Yes. see an MD asap.

sc
Kathy Teulie

Post by Kathy Teulie »

I met the Chief engineer/designer for the car yesterday at the S2000 homecoming event. I am so glad that he and the team designed the car so that you are safe!!! He flew out from Japan for the event.

Kathy
David Crozier

Post by David Crozier »

Wow Pete!
Sorry about your car, but glad to hear that you're ok!!
Pete Loney

Post by Pete Loney »

Steve Collins wrote:Do NOT roll down the window.
The window tracks could be misaligned and It might break. Just leave it up until you can have someone pop the dent out of the door with one of those suction cup things.

The line about your jack sitting in the passenger seat sends chills down my spine. Guess we should really not have anything loose in the passenger compartment that we're not willing to be tumble-dried with.

Very very glad you are in one-piece after all that. Yes. see an MD asap.

sc
No silly, just the piece of wood that I used under my jack on site was down in the footwell on the pass. side.
Not my jack. That was in the trunk being tumble dried.
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Pete Loney

Post by Pete Loney »

Kathy Teulie wrote:I met the Chief engineer/designer for the car yesterday at the S2000 homecoming event. I am so glad that he and the team designed the car so that you are safe!!! He flew out from Japan for the event.

Kathy
Basically the two stongest points were hit, the A pillar and the B pillar with me being in between them.
I still can't believe the window never broke. It must have flexed or something. I did feel something thump my head on the left side. No blood then or lump now though.
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Steve Collins wrote:Do NOT roll down the window. The window tracks could be misaligned and It might break. Just leave it up until you can have someone pop the dent out of the door with one of those suction cup things.
:lol: I know a good paintless guy.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Pete Loney wrote: I did feel something thump my head on the left side. No blood then or lump now though.
Whoa! You might want to consider a trip to the emergency room for a CAT scan. Might be totally worthless, but might save your life. Head injuries are a total wildcard. Hematoma in the brain can be totally undetectable until you keel over.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Reijo Silvennoinen
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

Wow! Glad to hear you survived this one......mind you, you might want to get checked out since getting a solid hit like this can give you whip lash among other things.....I know a friend and I got hit back in 1988 and to this day, my neck is not the same.....and all I saw was some stars (both of us) at the time....totaled the 911...... Also a hit from the side can be nasty....

Take care,

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kathy Teulie

Post by Kathy Teulie »

Kurt Rahn wrote: Whoa! You might want to consider a trip to the emergency room for a CAT scan. Might be totally worthless, but might save your life. Head injuries are a total wildcard. Hematoma in the brain can be totally undetectable until you keel over.
I think that he has very good advice. Please consider it!
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

I wonder if that pile of sand near the guard rail aided in your car getting airborn after the hit, why did the city or caltrans pile that sand there???
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Pete Loney

Post by Pete Loney »

T. Osifeso wrote:I wonder if that pile of sand near the guard rail aided in your car getting airborn after the hit, why did the city or caltrans pile that sand there???
Yeah, possibly, I just put comments on the photos to that regard too.
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Rad_ Delgado_
Car#: 512

Post by Rad_ Delgado_ »

Pete,

I feel better knowing you're ok. At first when I saw the pictures I thought immediately you got hurt badly, somebody up there is protecting you, and it is nice to know that you're ok.

It is unfortunate to have lost your car, but that's replaceable, the Law is on your side on this one.

You need to stop by an emergency room even if you feel ok, first of all it is your health and you're not the expert. Second of all, your attorney may need a copy of the emergency room report. Don't wait.
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

Good God, I'm glad you're OK. But do see a Dr. about this. I have noticed that the craziness out there has reached an all-time high. I see people driving like that a-hole all the time now.

t
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

"My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

Glad your okay man.

Jay W
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Thank goodness you are ok. When I heard at the event, I couldn't imagine it being this horrific. Please get yourself check out asap.
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Wow, the pictures of the damage are unreal. Glad you are okay, Pete.

Also pretty cool that all 4 wheels on the tiretail stayed together.
Todd Victoria
Car#: 79

Post by Todd Victoria »

"My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
Yea Spicoli. :lol:
Ron Tsumura
Club: GRA
Car#: 190

Post by Ron Tsumura »

Mega Dittos.

Glad you are safe and sound. :thumbup:

Is this one Tom B. can fix up?
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

I watched you run this morning (nice driving). Then I saw you leave the site as I was working in the third group. I thought, "what a nice car."
Then I drove home on the 57. I was about 1.5- 2 hours behind you. I did not see any trace of the wreck.
Kathy showed me the pictures and I can't believe it.

:cry:
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Mary Ankeny

Post by Mary Ankeny »

OMG!!! We are so glad you're okay. What a wild ride. Hey I know a seat in an STR car when you're up to it since I'm back in So Cal again.

Guy Ankeny
John Prosser

Post by John Prosser »

Pete
Glad to hear that you're okay. Cars can be replaced.
JP
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Hi Pete, Glad you walked away, hope you continue to feel ok.

On my way home along the I 210 there was a VERY lifted P/U with a blown out drivers front tire (my guess as to the cause of the accident) that collected a Solstice under its right side burred under it deeper than the A pillar, both of which plowed into the right side K-rail.

As much as I enjoy driving the Miata, I'm quite leery every time I get into it as it's my daily driver after the Acura loss, for exactly what happened to you and this Solstice. I pray, but honestly don't feel it would stand up as well either of your cars did.
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

I'm so glad you walked away from that!

I hope you've gone to the doctor already. Let us know if everything checked out alright!
~Lily