November 14 - 15, 2009 Solo School

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Peter Yu

Re: Confirmed Entrants for the Solo School

Post by Peter Yu »

Lisa, thanks for organizing the event. I've already mailed the entries for me and my brother. I didn't realize that you can pick a specific instructor until I start reading the forums. All I put on the entry form is to request an instructor with Miata experience. I want to know if there is an instructor list with the car they drive and if so is it too late to make any changes.

Thanks,
Peter
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Peter Yu wrote:Lisa, thanks for organizing the event. I've already mailed the entries for me and my brother. I didn't realize that you can pick a specific instructor until I start reading the forums. All I put on the entry form is to request an instructor with Miata experience. I want to know if there is an instructor list with the car they drive and if so is it too late to make any changes.

Thanks,
Peter
Some of those instructors would have a long list of competition cars after their name, though a few have become fairly specialized. I figure, if you don't have someone in mind then just a suggestion like you had is probably fine. ;)
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

One of the reasons for listing your car and class is so Lisa can use her judgment on assigning an instructor. I know she accommodates requests if possible, but she probably knows better than most of the students who a good match would be.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Randy Chase
Club: PSCC
Car#: 98

Re: November 14 - 15, 2009 Solo School

Post by Randy Chase »

Sending in an application for Andrea Moyal. After yesterday's SCNAX event, she wants to do the school.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Michael Bradley
Car#: 210

Post by Michael Bradley »

I'm sending my app and check tomorrow morning. hope thats not too late :(
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

I'm afraid I have a prior commitment for Saturday. :( How do you get on the waiting list for the Sunday practice? And how much will the cost be for Sunday only? I would've just PMed this, but I figured others might want to know too. Thanks.
Mark D.
Lisa Severy

Post by Lisa Severy »

Regarding the Sunday Practice: The spots are being held to see how many two-day school entries we get by Saturday, October 31. After that, I will assess the situation this Sunday (November 1), and determine how many spots (if any) are available for the November 15 (Sunday) Practice. Subsequently, I will post the availability of spaces and instructions for entering the practice on the message board and on the Solo2.com calendar site. The cost will likely be the same as for the most recent practice events ($70). Entrants for the school get priority for the practice. So far, all but two have selected both days. There are still spaces left for the school, and I do anticipate that I will be getting more entries this week; however, I also anticipate that we will have some spaces for the practice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Post by Art Rinner »

Will instructors have priority for the practice?
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Got to send in Karen's app. Rita is going to lend her a set of wheels and some 710's for her to use up ... NICE! Thanks Rita!!! :thumbup: :gpower:

The Hoosiers would never last the whole day. hmmm ... I wonder how the Vette set-up will change with a narrower but "proper" heights 710 front tire and a slightly taller rear tire?
Fernando Lim
Car#: 213

Post by Fernando Lim »

Just sent mine in! :)
Lisa Severy

Post by Lisa Severy »

Art Rinner wrote:Will instructors have priority for the practice?
Instructors are automatically entered into the practice. I just need to know if you won't be there.
Lisa Severy

Post by Lisa Severy »

Michael Bradley wrote:I'm sending my app and check tomorrow morning. hope thats not too late :(
Thank you for your interest. It is not too late, but please mail your application as soon as possible. I will continue to accept entries until the cap is met. The only caveat is that after this Saturday, based on the number of entrants received by that date, I will be assessing how many spots I can open up for the Sunday Practice to the general population. I spend a great deal of time matching students to instructors and it helps me (and, ultimately the students) to let me work with the complete lists for both students and instructors. I always have to make some tough choices. If I can get all of the entries in by this weekend, it will give me the time I need to get the assignments made. I will be traveling next week - and the school is right after that. I still have other things I need to do for the school, as well, so I expect to be very busy! Thank you!
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I'm going to be a Sat. only person. Can't maek Sun., unfortunately.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Collin Webster
Car#: 901

Post by Collin Webster »

I'm so excited - me, wife, and cousin are all in! Family affair! I'll be in the Mazda Speed3, wife will be in the 1.8T Jetta, and cousin will be in the 2005 Honda Civic. I'm trying to make an SCCA family here!

Cheers,

Collin Webster
'06 Mazda MX-5 Miata - STR Starting Point
'08 MazdaSpeed 3 STU - FWD basket case
- The loosest nut in my cars is still the one behind the wheel.
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

good site for all those who are new to the sport.

http://www.rmsolo.org/rmsoloschool/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

More good basics here ... we had that Rocky Mountain region's Intro as our first recommendations:

http://www.teamblewracing.com/forum/for ... =1963&PN=1
Michael Bradley
Car#: 210

Post by Michael Bradley »

Thanks Lisa,
btw I sent in the app and check before I saw the instructor list. Would it be possible to get Chuck Waer as my instructor? ;)
Joyce Ng

Post by Joyce Ng »

Hi Lisa,

I am very interested in this event but can only make it out there on Sun. Is it possible for me to only attend the Practice (and not the school)? If so, what should I put on the application form, and how much do I need to pay? Thanks!
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Perhaps wait for the upcoming Ladies AX School. Sunday is mainly reserved for the Students from Saturday, and the Instructors.
Lisa Severy

Post by Lisa Severy »

See first post in thread - updated for October 29.
Lisa Severy

Post by Lisa Severy »

Entrant list updated to reflect the applications I received in the mail today. The names are posted in my first post of this thread. Thank you to everyone who is supporting this event!
Vincent Komara
Car#: 396

Post by Vincent Komara »

You should be getting my check for both days soon. I sent it a few days ago. Let me know if it does not show up. Thanks!
Lisa Severy

Post by Lisa Severy »

OK. Vincent. I will add you to the list as "pending" (receipt of your check and application). Can you please send a PM w/the information about your car, your experience and instructor preference, if any? I will be assigning instructors to students later today. Thank you. I will let you know that I got your check by removing the "pending" from your status.
Daniel Y.
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 125

Post by Daniel Y. »

Lisa Severy wrote:There are still some spaces left and I will still be accepting entries for the time being.
Here is the list so far (updated for entries received October 31):

20. Daniel Yeumi
That's me right? Daniel Yeung? Just wanna be sure :)
Bryce Fowler

Post by Bryce Fowler »

My app is in the mail. Hope its not to late.