New AutoX Family for 2022

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Phillip Coughran

New AutoX Family for 2022

Post by Phillip Coughran »

Hello Socal AutoX Club!
Myself (Phil Coughran) and my son (Mitchell Coughran) and possibly my wife (Traci) will be spending a lot of time in Socal this year and would like to participate in some events.
My son is moving here for a CoOp at Tesla thru ~ August, I'm here a lot on business travel, and Traci will be visiting often.

Do y'all allow 3 drivers on same event? We are coming from St. Louis Region SCCA where we all drove a 2011 E92 M3 in FS class. STL allowed 3 drivers as Traci was in women's FS class in alternate heat and Mitch and I co-drove in the same heat. We might just decide to let Mitch run by himself and ride along.

We all have a lot of experience both driving and working (Corner Captains, Timing Trailer and Logs, Starter, Grid, etc..). Mitchell and I have both been Instructors for Street Survival courses in St. Louis on multiple occassions.

We've been AutoXing since 2016 and actually have 2 twin daughters who raced as well but won't be coming to Socal. We went thru a lot of tires (5 people, 2 cars, every event for points= we're all competitive).

Mitchell finished 2nd in PAX Overall in the Region in 2020 and was prepared to goto Nationals but it got cancelled. We sat out last year. Mitch has finished 1st in classes FS, STX, and SM over the years but these last 2 years in the M3 were most competitive in PAX overall. Traci has several years of top 3 finishes in her class and women overall. I usually finish 2nd to Mitchell in FS and was 14 in PAX in the region in 2020.

We will be shipping the car in the next week or so and waiting for Mitch to save enough money to purchase new tires, so it may be February or March before we are ready to race but may come out earlier just to meet folks at Test and Tune and hang out.

We look forward to meeting some other "coneheads" soon.

Regards,

Phil
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Re: New AutoX Family for 2022

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

Hello Phillip! Welcome to Cal Club! I'm sure you'll find our region to be the same big "family" you left in St. Louis. Come on out and join in!

As far as 3 drivers in a car....we can work with you to make that happen...and yes, the co-drive with you and your son in a heat and then with your wife in our local PAX-L (that's where most of the ladies have a great race these days) would be very workable and not typically create any problems with running/working, etc.

And we also have quite a few families that race together (I often have my son and daughter out with me).

Come on out! Looking forward to meeting you!

Randy Gonzalez
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/