Anyone tried the RE-71RS?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Steve Collins
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 799

Anyone tried the RE-71RS?

Post by Steve Collins »

Need new tires for my NA Miata. I was running the older RE-71R.
Anyone have tire opinions about the RE-71RS or other options?

steve
Tom Kamman

Re: Anyone tried the RE-71RS?

Post by Tom Kamman »

Steve the reviews read so far say the new RE71-RS is faster than the RE71-R, but slower than a Yokohama. More vague on turn-in, than the old knife edge -R. It seems to last not as long as the old -R did.
Steve Collins
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 799

Post by Steve Collins »

Thanks. I think I read the same review (mfg press release?). Still hoping to find someone who has driven them.
sc
John Brady
Car#: 7

Post by John Brady »

Bought a set of Bridgestone RE-71-RS, size 255/35R19, for my 2022 Mustang EcoBoost last September. Planned to buy Yokohomas, but they were sold out due to Nationals. Saw the same write up that was mentioned above. I've been on medical "vacation" since 2020. Finally got that worked out last summer, and have been retraining at that little parking lot in Lake Elsinore since. Back to tires: I think the RE-71-RS is competitive with the top 200 tread wear Falken, Yokohomas, etc. In the last ten years, I've run really soft tires like Hoosiers; medium stuff like BFGs, and Goodyears; and lately
200 tread wear like Bridgestone RE-71-R and RE-71-RS now. 200 tread wear tires are getting better for autocross. Mark Daddio won D street Nats on
B-Stone 77-RS tires on his Subie BRZ. Look at the latest Nats for answers in your class. Also read TireRack comparisons.
Good luck! John, #7, D Street, San Diego Region.