National Championship Camaro SS-R FOR SALE

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Steve Eguina

National Championship Camaro SS-R FOR SALE

Post by Steve Eguina »

For sale~1996 Camaro SS-R

NOTE; The car is back on the market as the buyer could not quite swing the cash.

To give you a little info on this car, it was originally owned by John Ames. I bought the car in 1998. This car has had 100% sponsorship since 1998 with NO EXPENSE SPARED. I just don't have enough room. This car has 6 SCCA ProSolo and National Tour Auto-X Championships Won by John Ames, Tom Berry and myself and has been featured in several magazine articles.

For pictures go to http: http://photobucket.com/albums/v341/ADri ... ro%20Pics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ALL DECALS ARE REMOVABLE.

The chassis has only 15,000 miles and the engine is a LT-4(installed by SLP Engineering) has only 6000 miles. This is a very rare car. SLP put the LT-4 in 2 cars in 1996 to my knowledge and then built 100 LT-4’s during 1997, a $10000 FACTORY OPTION with blueprinting. The engine includes headers, special engine torque suppressors and management system, the subframe is from the stiffer convertible chassis (once again installed by SLP), and the transmission is a 1993(came with lower 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears) that was installed with the engine. The car is very streetable and gets about 24MPG freeway on pump gas. Hp is about 350+ at the rear wheels and the LT-4 has more low end torque than you can use. The suspension was developed in conjunction with Ankeny Racing Ent. (Guy Ankeny). Guy’s cars have won over 70 National Championships including Overall Pro Solo Championship, and National Solo II Champions as well as several others. Suspension Includes Triple Adjustable Penske shocks, custom offset front bushings (this will give you 2.25 degrees of negative camber), and an adjustable track-link. The panhard rod is adjustable as is the rear sway bar. The car is completely ride height adjustable and has been corner weighted. Brakes are 1998 calibers with the larger cross drilled/slotted rotors on the front and rear. It had new Hawk brake pads installed just prior to nationals. The list keeps going.

The week prior to the last National event the differential was completely gone though including new bearings, ring and pinion, the aluminum driveshaft was balanced, and a new universal installed. Also, the heads were reworked/built and new springs installed. Two ECU’s come with the cars. One for street and one for Auto-X. These take abou two minutes to change.

Spares include 20 wheels (from 16 x 9 for rain tires to 17 x 11 fronts and 17 x 12.5 CCW rears) with enough tires to last all year Kumho/Hoosiers. Also, includes extra springs, sway bars (you can set up the car to your liking HOWEVER THE CAR IS SET UP TO WIN ON CONCRETE WHICH IS WHAT THE NEW SCCA NATAIONALS SITE IS), and a new power steering pump (thought this might be a weak point but never had to use it). Spares could probably be sold for $3,000 or more (you don’t really need 20 wheels).

This car is not a stripped out E-Street Prepared Car. The Boise stereo and air conditioner come with the car. I have the power drivers seat wrapped in plastic (It currently has a race seat and MOMO steering wheel).

The Price of the car is $20,000 OR MAKE OFFER. $60,000 has been spent over the years developing this car.

See the picture link below. All decals are removable and delivery is available.
If you are interested call my direct toll free # is 866-333-9733 or 949-305-8834

For pictures go to http://photobucket.com/albums/v341/ADri ... ro%20Pics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for any interest or sale leads. Have Fun! Steve
Last edited by Steve Eguina on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steve Abbott
Club: CASOC
Car#: 48

Re: National Championship Camaro SS-R FOR SALE

Post by Steve Abbott »

Steve you forgot to mention that Camaro also beat my super fast Corvette in 2006 for one of your many Championships. :)

Steve A.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Please don't let Karen see this! :unimpressed: :) :lol:
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

For anyone that is seriously looking for one of the best autocross cars in the country... you cant pass this one up. This is an incredible car that is probably one of the most fun cars that I have ever raced. Its easy to drive and is easily one the top 2 cars in its class in the country. ( not to mention that the ESP Pax is quite soft ). If you cant get with Steve E. for more info on this... contact me and I can share my info on the car with you as I did a fair amount of work on the car.
Tom
Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

*sigh*
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

This car is rad and even I fit in it well.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Do IT Aaron! ... it will be easy to find a co-driver to share expenses. You could even sell weekend packages ...
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Do IT Aaron! ... it will be easy to find a co-driver to share expenses. You could even sell weekend packages ...
But I already have a rad co-drive for next year. :D
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Do IT Aaron! ... it will be easy to find a co-driver to share expenses. You could even sell weekend packages ...
wouldn't that apply to you guys too? }:)

:thumbup:
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Calling Casey and Jason... time to trade up! ;)
Steve Eguina

Post by Steve Eguina »

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE REFERENCES AND REFERRALS.

THE CAR IS BACK ON THE MARKET! He could not quite swing the car he thought :roll:

Have fun! Steve
Last edited by Steve Eguina on Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Eguina wrote:THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE REFERENCES AND REFERRALS.

THE CAR IS SOLD :thumbup:

Have fun! Steve
to someone local?
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Steve Eguina

Post by Steve Eguina »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Steve Eguina wrote:THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE REFERENCES AND REFERRALS.

THE CAR IS SOLD :thumbup:

Have fun! Steve
to someone local?
THE CAR IS BACK ON THE MARKET! He could not quite swing the cash!

My telephone number is 949-305-8834

Have Fun! Steve
Steve Eguina

Post by Steve Eguina »

Still avaiable if you want to win Nationals in 2009 :thumbup:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Steve Eguina wrote:Still avaiable if you want to win Nationals in 2009 :thumbup:

Or avoid running against Ken Motonishi???? :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry:
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Go for it Steve! ... that's a Man Size car ... Tadd will look good in it also. Perhaps his gf's family can help sponsor it?

Why keep hitting your head against Palero, Jonathan, Kyle, Jason, Seb, Yeoh, Marco and Ken's trunk lids! Leave the little blue car for Stacey and Lisa ...
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Go for it Steve! ... that's a Man Size car ... Tadd will look good in it also. Perhaps his gf's family can help sponsor it?

Why keep hitting your head against Palero, Jonathan, Kyle, Jason, Seb, Yeoh, Marco and Ken's trunk lids! Leave the little blue car for Stacey and Lisa ...

Palero? Surely you jest.... The Camaro would just be too easy. No challenge. Buy a jacket.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Go for it Steve! ... that's a Man Size car ... Tadd will look good in it also. Perhaps his gf's family can help sponsor it?

One little four-digit number: 2812.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

Kurt Rahn wrote:

One little four-digit number: 2812.
won't matter... :lol:

just pretty new gear :lol:
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA