January Practice Flyer has posted

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

January Practice Flyer has posted

Post by KJ Christopher »

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 152532A27C" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kicking off the new year by getting the flyer posted in the preceding month! Setting the bar high....

Now, go find the typos.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Doug Kott
Club: CASOC
Car#: 300

Re: January Practice Flyer has posted

Post by Doug Kott »

There are no typos on the internet, only creative new spellings. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
David Barrish
Club: PSCC
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

Will there be any spots held for "new" drivers at the practice?
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

David Barrish wrote:Will there be any spots held for "new" drivers at the practice?
Shouldn't be a problem if they get their check in right away David.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Kraig Klippel
Car#: 26

Post by Kraig Klippel »

How do I find out if it's full?

Sign me up for Jan 21st.
Kraig Klippel
#26 STS White '94 Miata
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

You just need to send in your check to George Schilling ASAP ... see I believe page two of the flyer ... see link in first message. List will be up around the 8th
George Schilling
Club Representative

Kraig Klippel wrote:How do I find out if it's full?

Sign me up for Jan 21st.
Craig, if you sure you're coming, I'll put you on the list and guarantee a spot for you. Still need you to get a check in right away though.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

At least for future events we've GOT to be able to fix the flyer so that it doesn't have Registration Suspended and Registration Closed prominently featured, when in fact it registration is Open.

We're trying to attract new people and we're just confusing things
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Mako Koiwai wrote:At least for future events we've GOT to be able to fix the flyer so that it doesn't have Registration Suspended and Registration Closed prominently featured, when in fact it registration is Open.

As I stated before, we have no control over this. It is generated automatically by the MSR site if online registration is turned off. I am going to try and email them to see if a change can be made, but they are not as responsive as some sites. Plus, obviously they would prefer we used online reg and payment since we pay nothing unless we use online payment.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative

Rick Brown wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:At least for future events we've GOT to be able to fix the flyer so that it doesn't have Registration Suspended and Registration Closed prominently featured, when in fact it registration is Open.

As I stated before, we have no control over this. It is generated automatically by the MSR site if online registration is turned off. I am going to try and email them to see if a change can be made, but they are not as responsive as some sites. Plus, obviously they would prefer we used online reg and payment since we pay nothing unless we use online payment.
Thanks for mentioning this Mako. I thought I had this fixed to be clearer. I removed registration suspended and made some other changes. Turns out my edits didn't take affect. Hopefully they will now.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

George Schilling wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

Thanks for mentioning this Mako. I thought I had this fixed to be clearer. I removed registration suspended and made some other changes. Turns out my edits didn't take affect. Hopefully they will now.
Read my lips George: The statement at the top is generated automatically by the MSR site if online registration is turned off.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Rick Brown wrote: Read my lips George: The statement at the top is generated automatically by the MSR site if online registration is turned off.
Sure, I'll read your lips if you wear some pretty lipstick the same color as those letters. :lol:
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

George Schilling wrote:
Rick Brown wrote: Read my lips George: The statement at the top is generated automatically by the MSR site if online registration is turned off.
Sure, I'll read your lips if you wear some pretty lipstick the same color as those letters. :lol:
I know I'm just a newB and thus my opinions don't mean much, BUT it seems to me that you're correct, Mako is correct and Rick is correct. However, being correct does not solve the problem and we should never let a third-party vendor (MotorReg) dictate what is in the best interest of Cal Club Solo, namely good PR directed to newcomers. Motor Reg should be encouraged to work with us toward a solution. It sounds like Rick is working on it. But if they say "sorry, that's the way it is", that should not be acceptable to us.

I'll go back to my corner now. :thumbup:
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Mako didn't mention it, but the reason it is obviously important is because he is trying very hard to get new people signed up on the message forums. I've seen the NASIOC one, and people are saying that they tried, but registration is closed, so they stop trying.

That's not good.

Why did we stop online payment as that would seem to be the obvious fix?
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Massive nightmares on the accounting side.

Max, if you'd like to be Treasurer we can turn that on in .000001 seconds.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Mike Simanyi wrote:Massive nightmares on the accounting side.

Did I mention how much I love paying by check :thumbup:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

For clarification, Registration Suspended is shown if online registration is not available, but the closing date for registering has not been reached. Registration Closed is shown once the closing date has passed and (assuming the date selected was correct) is not an incorrect display.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

How about allowing online registrations in MSR, but not payments, and then adding a checkbox option on the checkout screen that says "Your registration is not complete until your check is sent to XXXX (link for details on where to send check)"
This way, there's no scary red text, you can still hide the entrants page so people don't think they're registered when they haven't sent a check in, and it's more likely that people read the check sending instructions.

I know I don't always read all the instructions of every page, but when I get to the checkout page, I always read every option before clicking submit.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions/critiques. I agree things were very confusing. They were put up in haste during the holidays and not well thought out. We will do our best to make sure the fliers are improved, easier to understand, and user friendly in the future.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

What an amazing coincidence! I believe that's the margin that Max won STR by. }:)
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
brad owen

Post by brad owen »

Not trying not to pile on but earlier in the week I was thinking of making the trip out from Arizona but I saw George's posts about getting checks in the ASAP then went to motorsport reg and saw Registration Suspended and gave up on the idea.

Site looks much more clear now. Thanks!

Putting check in the mail today and hoping for the best. :)
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Now if we could just correct the landing page when someone clicks on "registration list". :thumbup:
2001 NB Miata
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Ed Holley wrote:Now if we could just correct the landing page when someone clicks on "registration list". :thumbup:
????
A little explanation would be helpful. I see nothing wrong.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

so if we never intend on using the online payment feature, why do we even bother with using this service at all? It seems all we've done is make our registration system more complicated and less user friendly with zero benefit to either our back end event administration or time spent in the registration line.

I hold both you and KJ in high regard when it comes to business type accounting things. I figure it's got to be pretty bad if you guys can't figure it out. Have we tried letting motorsportsreg know what needs to be fixed to make the system usable?
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Rick Brown wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:Now if we could just correct the landing page when someone clicks on "registration list". :thumbup:
????
A little explanation would be helpful. I see nothing wrong.
When you click on the "registration list", this is what is presented:

"These are the confirmed entries as of September 18th.

Remember, if you need to cancel, you need to do it by midnight, ThursdaySeptember 22nd or you will be charged."
2001 NB Miata