Attention all participants, 4/4 & 4/5!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Attention all participants, 4/4 & 4/5!

Post by Mike Simanyi »

The Irvine P.D. has been having trouble keeping the unwashed Irvine masses away from our events. Apparently the only thing interesting when you're up in the balloon is our cars careening around at breakneck speeds.

They've asked us to change our gate security procedure, but at such a late date it's really not possible to develop a flyer required to gain entrance.

Please let the guards know when you arrive at the gate that you are there for the So Cal Solo 2 event with AMCI.

Thanks!

Mike
Pete Loney
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777

Re: Attention all participants, 4/4 & 4/5!

Post by Pete Loney »

Here is this weekends directions if you want to hit print and show the guards more proof of entry.
Attachments
DIRECTIONS_AMCI_DRIVE_CENTER(SoCal).pdf
(144.69 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

I've found that if you drive up with your numbers already on the car, they just wave you right on through. :D
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

I've gotten in the habit of telling them 'SCCA' - hope I can remember 'SoCalSolo2...'
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Added to the AXWare flyer, too.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Steve Glusman
Car#: 424

Post by Steve Glusman »

I seem to get waved thru too

Of course, building on the Berry's direction to be very friendly at the gate....I started with the Ivine PD

They seemed to get tired of me being nice and waved me on..

:mrgreen:

Steve G
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Solo 2? That doesn't exist anymore. :lol:

I've always told them I'm going to the AMCI drive center for the Solo event. Of course my sticker-mobile is a big tip off. :thumbup:
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

uhh why are we, after all the yakking about getting new members, trying to keep the public out? :?
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Sean Goodbody

Post by Sean Goodbody »

Chuck Fowler wrote:uhh why are we, after all the yakking about getting new members, trying to keep the public out? :?

We are doing no such thing... our landlord wants to keep the IPD happy and I think we do too!
Chuck Fowler

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Sean Goodbody wrote:
Chuck Fowler wrote:uhh why are we, after all the yakking about getting new members, trying to keep the public out? :?

We are doing no such thing... our landlord wants to keep the IPD happy and I think we do too!
Mike Simanyi wrote:The Irvine P.D. has been having trouble keeping the unwashed Irvine masses away from our events. Apparently the only thing interesting when you're up in the balloon is our cars careening around at breakneck speeds.

They've asked us to change our gate security procedure, but at such a late date it's really not possible to develop a flyer required to gain entrance.

Please let the guards know when you arrive at the gate that you are there for the So Cal Solo 2 event with AMCI.

Thanks!

Mike
call it what you want but the results the same.
why do they want to keep "the public" out? or do they think we want to keep the public out
Bob Beamesderfer

Chuck,

How many times have you dealt with site security at one of our events? If you haven't stood in the shoes of those of use who have, then you are out of line. Trying to cook the stated reasons into some diabolical scheme is a waste of time.

Newbies are just as likely as the rest of us to tell the officers at the booth why they're on site.

The IPD security don't know one of us from anyone else who shows up unless they can ask a few simple questions about where and why someone wants to travel beyond the checkpoint.

Involving new members needs to happen in a way that doesn't run afoul of site security regardless of what any of use think about it. Getting potential competitors into the sport starts with this board. There will be those who just show up at an event. With good planning we can capture those folks regardless of the site. However, we are the tenant and the landlord holds all the cards.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Solo 2? That doesn't exist anymore. :lol:
perhaps not, but it is the legal name of our organization.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Chuck Fowler

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Chuck,

How many times have you dealt with site security at one of our events? If you haven't stood in the shoes of those of use who have, then you are out of line. Trying to cook the stated reasons into some diabolical scheme is a waste of time.

Newbies are just as likely as the rest of us to tell the officers at the booth why they're on site.

The IPD security don't know one of us from anyone else who shows up unless they can ask a few simple questions about where and why someone wants to travel beyond the checkpoint.

Involving new members needs to happen in a way that doesn't run afoul of site security regardless of what any of use think about it. Getting potential competitors into the sport starts with this board. There will be those who just show up at an event. With good planning we can capture those folks regardless of the site. However, we are the tenant and the landlord holds all the cards.
i'm out of line trying to understand the reasons? :lol: i don't think it's diabolical, i think it's stupid if it's us not letting people in. if it's IPD that doesn't want people migrating from the balloon, that's their thing. newbies are not as likely to get in, i've talked to a couple people that have tryed to just show up and were told "by invite only". i would like to know if that's our doing or the PD's. if it's the PD's, is that the way we want to be presented. if it's our doing, why?
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Chuck, it's them. And we aren't in a position to tell the Irvine PD how to do their jobs.
Bob Beamesderfer

Chuck Fowler wrote: i'm out of line trying to understand the reasons? :lol: i don't think it's diabolical, i think it's stupid if it's us not letting people in. if it's IPD that doesn't want people migrating from the balloon, that's their thing. newbies are not as likely to get in, i've talked to a couple people that have tryed to just show up and were told "by invite only". i would like to know if that's our doing or the PD's. if it's the PD's, is that the way we want to be presented. if it's our doing, why?
Acting as if it's the region's idea and thinking we have any control over site security shows you don't understand how events run. That makes your comment out of line. Why would you think that Mike and Max would do that?

As for IPD not wanting people to go from the balloon to us, yeah, that's bizarre. The base is public property, but they get say what part of the public can go where.
Chuck Fowler

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Mike Simanyi wrote:Chuck, it's them. And we aren't in a position to tell the Irvine PD how to do their jobs.
thanks Mike, that makes sense
Bob Beamesderfer wrote: Acting as if it's the region's idea and thinking we have any control over site security shows you don't understand how events run. That makes your comment out of line. Why would you think that Mike and Max would do that?
As for IPD not wanting people to go from the balloon to us, yeah, that's bizarre. The base is public property, but they get say what part of the public can go where.
it's not clear from the first post who wants to keep the unwashed out. the PD at the gate have told me they try to keep people out because we don't want lookie lou's. maybe it's AMCI that doesn't want anyone just dropping by. Mike say's it's the PD. ok. didn't realize i was out of line questioning authority. guess i'll learn how events run though osmosis...

off i go looking for another place to stir up trouble
Bob Beamesderfer

Chuck Fowler wrote:
Mike Simanyi wrote:Chuck, it's them. And we aren't in a position to tell the Irvine PD how to do their jobs.
thanks Mike, that makes sense
Bob Beamesderfer wrote: Acting as if it's the region's idea and thinking we have any control over site security shows you don't understand how events run. That makes your comment out of line. Why would you think that Mike and Max would do that?
it's not clear from the first post who wants to keep the unwashed out. the PD at the gate have told me they try to keep people out because we don't want lookie lou's. maybe it's AMCI that doesn't want anyone just dropping by. Mike say's it's the PD. ok. didn't realize i was out of line questioning authority. guess i'll learn how events run though osmosis...

off i go looking for another place to stir up trouble
What you said seemed less about knowing and more about criticizing. You say it wasn't, and I take you at word. :thumbup:
Chad Stubblefield
Car#: 877

Post by Chad Stubblefield »

I find that when the little gate arm thingy is down, there is still just enough room to go around it and not have to deal with the gaurd at all.
Chuck Fowler

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote: What you said seemed less about knowing and more about criticizing. You say it wasn't, and I take you at word. :thumbup:
:thumbup:
Chad Stubblefield wrote: I find that when the little gate arm thingy is down, there is still just enough room to go around it and not have to deal with the gaurd at all.
the truth finally comes out, all your previous cars wouldn't fit past the arm thingy :o