Trophy Question!

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Pow Billedo

Trophy Question!

Post by Pow Billedo »

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is staying dry in the rain we are having. I ran today and had lots of fun! My question was that I was looking at the past event that on was February 7th. I saw that there was a "T" next to my place. I didn't know until today that I did place fast enough to get a trophy. What I'm wondering is would Ibe able to pick it up at the next event?

Also the other reason why I'm asking is because sometimes at registration I hear the people who are working say "do you want solo $ or a trophy". So I'm not sure if my trophy will automatically be made because I was never asked that question at registration. If you guys could please answer my question ! It would greatly be appreciated. Thank YOU! -Chris Billedo "PoW"
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Re: Trophy Question!

Post by Craig Naylor »

You indicate in your registration (either online or at the table) whether you want a trophy or solo bucks (Solo Bucks (aka Solo$) - $10.00 credit for a future event). A trophy is the default if you do not request Solo $.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Pow Billedo wrote:Hi everyone! Hope everyone is staying dry in the rain we are having. I ran today and had lots of fun! My question was that I was looking at the past event that on was February 7th. I saw that there was a "T" next to my place. I didn't know until today that I did place fast enough to get a trophy. What I'm wondering is would Ibe able to pick it up at the next event?

Also the other reason why I'm asking is because sometimes at registration I hear the people who are working say "do you want solo $ or a trophy". So I'm not sure if my trophy will automatically be made because I was never asked that question at registration. If you guys could please answer my question ! It would greatly be appreciated. Thank YOU! -Chris Billedo "PoW"
As far as when you can pick it up, I think they're still deciding what design to use for this year's trophies so none of them have been made yet. Once they decide, you'll be able to pick up any trophy you win at the following event.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Craig Naylor wrote:You indicate in your registration (either online or at the table) whether you want a trophy or solo bucks (Solo Bucks (aka Solo$) - $10.00 credit for a future event). A trophy is the default if you do not request Solo $.
Other way around. Solo$ is the default. That eliminates boxes of unclaimed trophies. If you want a trophy, you have to specifically request it.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Pow Billedo

Post by Pow Billedo »

Okay. The thing is I don't have a point cards nor a Scca Membership yet. I've NEVER been asked whether or not I want solo$ or a trophy. So what happens there? Is it too late to claim my trophies? Because that would make me :(
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Pow Billedo wrote:Okay. The thing is I don't have a point cards nor a Scca Membership yet. I've NEVER been asked whether or not I want solo$ or a trophy. So what happens there? Is it too late to claim my trophies? Because that would make me :(
  • 1. Technically you do have a points card...it's just that you haven't renewed it since 2007 (#996 PFM). But since 996 is no longer yours as you didn't renew it the following year, it became available and someone grabbed it up. Also PFM is no longer club, thus you'd have to renew with a change in number and club.
  • 2. In order to enter a practice or champ event you MUST be an SCCA member (temporary or permanent), so I assume when you ran an event you were signed up for temporary membership with Gayle Jardine.
Kristoffer Gjevre

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

As you said you have a T next to your finish position (that is if you are Chris Billedo):
'Novice' - Total Entries: 19 Trophies: 6 Car Model Factor Times Total Diff.
1Tm ASP 360 Justin Davenport No $ Viper *0.871000 55.519 54.196+1 54.161 47.174 -
2T STU 639 Jeff Krauss 2006 Subaru STI *0.844000 62.687+DNF 59.117 57.115 48.205 1.031
3T FS 638 Robert Michaels Cadilac CTSV *0.837000 66.350+1 58.436 61.463 48.910 0.705
4Tm STU 769 Darren Truckenmiller BLEW 2006 STI *0.844000 60.993 59.119 58.696 49.539 0.629
5Tm BSP 301 Ramin Beizaie BLEW Subaru Impreza WRX STI *0.865000 61.673 60.771 57.694 49.905 0.366
6T ST 629 Chris Billedo 2008 Honda Civic Si *0.824000 63.247 60.662 61.207 49.985 0.080
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/C ... 10_fin.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as I know you do not need a points card to get a trophy.
I do not know how quickly the trophies are made, but look for it in the timing motorhome at the next event or perhaps they will again load them up on a folding table like this time:

Edit: Don't know how I missed this (and you got the answer below):
Jeff Stuart wrote:...
As far as when you can pick it up, I think they're still deciding what design to use for this year's trophies so none of them have been made yet. Once they decide, you'll be able to pick up any trophy you win at the following event.
Last edited by Kristoffer Gjevre on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Kristoffer Gjevre wrote:As far as I know you do not need a points card to get a trophy.
You are correct. But you do need one if you want to compete for the year-end championship that includes a jacket for the winner.
Pow Billedo

Post by Pow Billedo »

I also did place a trophy finish for yesterdays event, at 3rd place. Is it really true that the trophy design hasn't been made yet? That would mean I would be receiving two trophies. I'm still confused whether or not they will be made. I would really like them tho! Because its a sign of hard work!
Giovanni Jaramillo

Pow Billedo wrote:I also did place a trophy finish for yesterdays event, at 3rd place. Is it really true that the trophy design hasn't been made yet? That would mean I would be receiving two trophies. I'm still confused whether or not they will be made. I would really like them tho! Because its a sign of hard work!
They're deciding on WHAT design....not that they won't be made, so please be patient. Also FYI, if you "Pow" Billedo are 1 in the same as the 3rd place finisher "Chris" Billedo, then please update your profile on the main Solo2.com website.
Pow Billedo

Post by Pow Billedo »

okay cool! I guess I'll have to wait until May because I will not be able to attend the el toro event towards the end of the month due to having my Redline Time Attack event RD.1 at buttonwillow raceway on the same day :(
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Note that in the position column in the online results only shows who qualifies for trophies, not your choice of a trophy or Solo$. I'll see if I can add the column that indicates a person's preference of trophy or Solo$.

Even though the default is supposed to be Solo$ if you don't indicate, my guess is the person who orders the trophies probably defaults to trophy for Novice Class.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Pow Billedo

Post by Pow Billedo »

okay cool! thanks rick, just like I told giovanni. I would really like a trophy, I've worked so hard and I just want something to look upon! Thanks! Say I won't be able to make it to any events anytime soon, would I be able to pick the trophies up somewhere some place? lol
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

delete, dup post
Last edited by Craig Naylor on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Did you see the pile of trophies at the last event? No one wants to store those at their home, and transport them to events or other locations!

The trophies are stored in the CTV (That's the new name for the Motorhome apparently). Its pretty much just at events, but you could have a friend pick it up and bring it to you. (I occasionally haul a batch to SD locals when I plan on attending an event down there, who don't visit here often but win the occasional trophy when they do make the drive)
Pow Billedo

Post by Pow Billedo »

just wanted to know an update!

has the trophy design been chosen already? and will they be available at the el toro event in the first week of may? thanks.
Pow Billedo

Post by Pow Billedo »

again has there been an update to the trophies?
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

Pow Billedo wrote:again has there been an update to the trophies?
I saw a bunch of trophies at the last event. They're really cool looking!
~Lily
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

And thanks to Gail they were all in alphabetized order :thumbup:
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Mako Koiwai wrote:And thanks to Gail they were all in alphabetized order :thumbup:
Agree :thumbup:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin