New $5 Dollar Bill

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

New $5 Dollar Bill

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

The new $5 Bill.....see it and weep. Our new reality!
Attachments
New $5 Bill
New $5 Bill
new_$5_bill.JPG (38.36 KiB) Viewed 14142 times
Damon Tolentino
Club: TCC
Car#: 260

Re: New $5 Dollar Bill

Post by Damon Tolentino »

now if they changed that "five dollars" at the bottom to "one unit of gasoline", that would work even better.

or maybe they can reprint these:

Damon™
1993 Ford Probe GT - STS - #260
Crew Chief for ITB #86 - 1990 Ford Probe GL - driven by Stacey Bertran
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

The local 76 wanted $5.69 for Diesel.
I kept driving.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:The local 76 wanted $5.69 for Diesel.
I kept driving.
I just paid $4.59 for regular in The Pig.
David Avard
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

I kept driving.
I'm guessing that was a principle thing, since you'll only be paying $2.99 for the first 800 gallons. :)

Diesel on the turnpike to KC just dropped from $4.699 to $4.399, and the local station dropped $0.10 to $4.599, the first time in months that it's dropped. And we just filled up the 3 in lower MO for $3.649. :shock:
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

http://www.californiagasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I don't have the gas card yet, takes 4 weeks to get in the mail.

I had just paid $5.09 on Saturday. But wasn't paying attention and didn't realize I had simply hit the $75 limit and had not fully topped off. So, I figured I'd top off Tuesday so I could get an accurate MPG calc. I was pretty shocked to see a price sixty cents higher. I'm finding the spread in prices for diesel is much higher than for gasoline.

The $50 and $75 limits are pretty annoying when it costs more than a $170 for a full tank.
Plus 38 gallons of 87 and 18 gallons of 100 in the trailer.

Close to $500 to fill up! Not as bad as Earl pulling up to the pumps, but the Prius owners are a little horrified. :twisted:
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

18ga of 100oct! Are you buying a whole year's worth at once?
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Sebastian Rios wrote:18ga of 100oct! Are you buying a whole year's worth at once?
I put 10 gals of 100 octane in the Sea Doo on Saturday in Havasu. Only paid $4.69 a gal for it, too. Well, it was leaded av gas...

Diesel was $4.69 also in AZ. Reg was $3.97 and premium was $4.19. Brought home an extra 5 gals of premium.
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Reijo Silvennoinen
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

A lotta money to fill up, Steve....but I betcha you go what? 600+ miles on a tank? I remember friends with diesels driving from Vancouver to Calgary through the mountains on a single tank (650 ish miles).

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:The $50 and $75 limits are pretty annoying when it costs more than a $170 for a full tank.
This is usually your card's imposed limit. Most the time you can call the card company and have it raised.

Jay W
Jason Flores
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 886

Post by Jason Flores »

I kept driving.

If you swapped out the seat in between races and got a old set of Falkens you could drive the civic around for 4.59 a gallon and get the amazing 32/mpg that we get now...hahahaha
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Hey! My car is in Jason's avatar!!! Cool :thumbup:

Yeah the truck could get as much as 600 gallons I guess on a tank.

The card I used was my visa at a Valero in Fontana. I'll have to check on that.

The civic doesn't have 10 way power leather seats, 12 cupholders, DVD, A/C, Sirius, iPod Integration, upgraded stereo, 14K lbs tow rating..... 650lbs of torque...

Uphill, I think my truck beats my race car 0-60.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Steve Ekstrand wrote:The $50 and $75 limits are pretty annoying when it costs more than a $170 for a full tank.
This is usually your card's imposed limit. Most the time you can call the card company and have it raised.

Jay W
I was told that $75 is the max the visa/mc people will cover in a disputed transaction, thus the typical limits. If any body is successful in getting it raised by calling their card co, please let me know. I'm bumping on $75 to fill up the M3.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Giovanni Jaramillo

KJ Christopher wrote:I was told that $75 is the max the visa/mc people will cover in a disputed transaction, thus the typical limits. If any body is successful in getting it raised by calling their card co, please let me know. I'm bumping on $75 to fill up the M3.
What credit card are you using that has a $75 limit??
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:What credit card are you using that has a $75 limit??
I think it's a 'No signature' limit he's talking about. I almost always use cash, then a Shell card minimally, then on rare occasion a debit card or credit card. The Shell and Debit cards I had raised. Didn't actually try a credit card.

Jay W
Giovanni Jaramillo

I have two from ExxonMobil. One is purely a gas card (started out at $200 limit back in the days of $2.50c/gal). Now it's up to $1,150 limit. Who would need to spend that much on gas a month? OOPS. Forgot what year this is. :(

Second is an ExxonMobil Mastercard Credit card. 3% cash back on ANY purchases (i.e. food or gas), made at ANY ExxonMobil gas stations. 1% on non-ExxonMobil gas stations.

It's a very good card to have. As Exxon is usually the cheapest compared to Mobil, Shell, 76 (except Arco, though I'd rather put in vodka in my tank before I put in Arco).
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

My understanding is that $75 limit on the credit cards at the gas pump is from the stations, not the card companies. That's the limit to what they feel they can be ripped off for. Just a little over two years ago it was $50. It'll go up to $100 shortly. If I want a full tank, I just go to the $75, get the receipt, and then start all over again with the same card in the same pump. It always works. The limit is set in the pump, not on your card.
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Giovanni Jaramillo

Tom Tanquary wrote:It'll go up to $100 shortly.
Then it's already there as I just paid $80 and I know some SUV owners that are at $100 at the pump.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Its not universal Gio. I've made over $100 transactions in different situations.

Haven't tried one of those $174 transactions yet.... But 1100 miles in two weeks on the new rig and ready to find a station again.....

Rhino Tuffgard liner sprayed in today. And my Superwinch S4000 arrived. Along with the PaceEdwards roll top... And the side steps... Tomorrow looks like install day....
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
KJ Christopher wrote:I was told that $75 is the max the visa/mc people will cover in a disputed transaction, thus the typical limits. If any body is successful in getting it raised by calling their card co, please let me know. I'm bumping on $75 to fill up the M3.
What credit card are you using that has a $75 limit??
Visa/Mastercard, both credit card and debit. This is for the 'pay at the pump', no signature transactions.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
David Avard
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:I have two from ExxonMobil. One is purely a gas card (started out at $200 limit back in the days of $2.50c/gal). Now it's up to $1,150 limit. Who would need to spend that much on gas a month? OOPS. Forgot what year this is. :(

Second is an ExxonMobil Mastercard Credit card. 3% cash back on ANY purchases (i.e. food or gas), made at ANY ExxonMobil gas stations. 1% on non-ExxonMobil gas stations.

It's a very good card to have. As Exxon is usually the cheapest compared to Mobil, Shell, 76 (except Arco, though I'd rather put in vodka in my tank before I put in Arco).
Citibank offers a Driver's Edge MC that puts that to shame. 6% on all gas station, supermarket (my Walmarts count) and drugstore charges for 1 year, then 3% after that, 1% on all other purchases. But here's the cool part, $0.01/mile on you primary car (checked through service records), up to 50k/year. You can redeem the credit one of three ways: Towards any new or used car (I've gotten $4k+ over the last 10 years), for service costs, or with "ThankYou" points (redeemable for gift cards...got a new tool set from Sears with mine). Total rebate up to $1k/year, for up to 3 calendar years (rebates earned in 2008 are good through 2011).

BTW, most stations in Kansas are at the $100 limit, which we can hit if we fill up both cars from the same pump. A local grocery store offers a $0.20 discount for the first 32 gallons (the month after you spend $100 buying groceries), but you can't actually buy 32 gallons with the card at the pump,
you have to hand the card to the attendant.
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Earl Merz
Car#: 40

Post by Earl Merz »

6 months ago(maybe more) when diesel was hoovering around $3.99/gallon, there was a station down by Galpin Ford selling it for $4.49/g. And they had customers lined up for it. :shock: Then there is the AM/PM station in Anaheim that is right across from a Chevron station, AM/PM is always $.40 higher on diesel than Chevron. But, the local truck stop here is now at $4.79/g cash. Woot for truck stops!!!

Speaking of truck stops... I'll be seeing a lot more of these across all the USoA after the 4th :|
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE with Nav (need it to find my way around the course)
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Its not universal Gio. I've made over $100 transactions in different situations.

Haven't tried one of those $174 transactions yet.... But 1100 miles in two weeks on the new rig and ready to find a station again.....

Rhino Tuffgard liner sprayed in today. And my Superwinch S4000 arrived. Along with the PaceEdwards roll top... And the side steps... Tomorrow looks like install day....
This explains this hold of $75

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/personal ... pstoryview
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Any hold longer than a single business day is just a way for one of the players to show more money on the books. Since the late 1970s, checks drawn on and deposited to federally chartered banks are cleared in two days. There's no excuse for electronic transactions to take longer. When I paid American Express by check in the mid-90s, that check cleared my bank the day after I mailed it. That means that AMEX had a special deal with their fed clearing bank to get the money faster.