October 25th 2009 Championship Registration Open

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

October 25th 2009 Championship Registration Open

Post by Rick Brown »

Registration is now open on AXWare for the October event. If you are new to online registration, read this post for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to Registration Page: https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calenda ... earindex=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Current registrations: https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calenda ... ectclubid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Run Order: http://members.quixnet.net/free2000/10-25RunOrder.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOTE: Please insure you have your correct team name in your profile. Only use one of the following and only as typed here: CASOC, BLEW, GRA, No$, PSCC, SCNAX, TCC.
Last edited by Rick Brown on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Re: Oct 25 Registration Open

Post by Bill Schenker »

Rick Brown wrote:NOTE: Please insure you have your correct team name in your profile. Only use one of the following and only as typed here: CASOC, BLEW, GRA, No$, PSCC, SCNAX, TCC.
Rick,

My profile has PSCC as my club, but the confirmation of the entry I just made says CASOC - I SMELL AN EVIL PLOT!
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Registered... Newbie question: How do you add your team name to your profile. I can only find the section for Club/region. Thanks.
Mark D.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Mark DeShon wrote:Registered... Newbie question: How do you add your team name to your profile. I can only find the section for Club/region. Thanks.
Mark D.
It's in your garage as part of the car setup.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Bill Schenker wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:NOTE: Please insure you have your correct team name in your profile. Only use one of the following and only as typed here: CASOC, BLEW, GRA, No$, PSCC, SCNAX, TCC.
Rick,

My profile has PSCC as my club, but the confirmation of the entry I just made says CASOC - I SMELL AN EVIL PLOT!
Can't figure out where it's getting it from. Still working on it.
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

I notice that on the registered list, the column labeled T/$ is sometimes populated with a competitor's home city, and sometimes populated with the $.
(eg; me and Ron T.)
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Rick Brown wrote:
Bill Schenker wrote:
Rick,

Can't figure out where it's getting it from. Still working on it.
Ghost in the machine. It's trying to tell you something, Bill :lol:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Ron Tsumura
Club: GRA
Car#: 190

Post by Ron Tsumura »

Sebastian Rios wrote:I notice that on the registered list, the column labeled T/$ is sometimes populated with a competitor's home city, and sometimes populated with the $.
(eg; me and Ron T.)
I edited mine when I registered. Otherwise mine would have been Ventura. :computer:
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Sebastian Rios wrote:I notice that on the registered list, the column labeled T/$ is sometimes populated with a competitor's home city, and sometimes populated with the $.
(eg; me and Ron T.)
Someone test something for me. If you have your city instead of your T/$ selection Go into "My Clubs" and edit your club settings for CSCC and where it says Option 6, fill in T or $. Or Sebastian, check to see if you have option6 filled out in the my clubs page.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Re: October 25th 2009 Championship Registration Open

Oh, and Bill, go into the My Clubs area and see if you have CASOC filled in there.
~Christine Grice
Nicole Wong
Car#: 46

Post by Nicole Wong »

Christine Berry wrote:
(eg; me and Ron T.)
Someone test something for me. If you have your city instead of your T/$ selection Go into "My Clubs" and edit your club settings for CSCC and where it says Option 6, fill in T or $. Or Sebastian, check to see if you have option6 filled out in the my clubs page.
I just did that, under option 6 it said "Moorpark" I changed it to "$"

Edit: But I still had to edit my registration, It didnt update on its own.
Nicole Wong
ProParts USA
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Nicole Nagler wrote:
Christine Berry wrote:
(eg; me and Ron T.)
I just did that, under option 6 it said "Moorpark" I changed it to "$"

Edit: But I still had to edit my registration, It didnt update on its own.
Yeah, and now it's probably gone... I'm messing around with the settings, hopefully I haven't screwed anything up }:)
~Christine Grice
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Christine Berry wrote: Yeah, and now it's probably gone... I'm messing around with the settings, hopefully I haven't screwed anything up }:)
Yeah, I was playing with all the settings too last night. It's a little frustrating with the lack of consistency between the various settings. All the "Option" headings should be common. If you make Option 6 = T/$, it should be that way everywhere.

When I import the registration file, the T/$ column comes in as cities. Thought I've made it consistently Option 6 everywhere I could.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Rick Brown wrote:
Christine Berry wrote: Yeah, and now it's probably gone... I'm messing around with the settings, hopefully I haven't screwed anything up }:)
Yeah, I was playing with all the settings too last night. It's a little frustrating with the lack of consistency between the various settings. All the "Option" headings should be common. If you make Option 6 = T/$, it should be that way everywhere.

When I import the registration file, the T/$ column comes in as cities. Thought I've made it consistently Option 6 everywhere I could.
I updated it in the "My Clubs" area. option 6 was City. Thats where all the bad data is coming from. If you display Tire info then it comes up as everyone's home address, the feilds should not be shared in the different screens.
~Christine Grice
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Christine Berry wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

I updated it in the "My Clubs" area. option 6 was City. Thats where all the bad data is coming from. If you display Tire info then it comes up as everyone's home address, the feilds should not be shared in the different screens.
Good catch! You're the man...er...Woman!
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

For Everyone that has no Idea what Rick and I are talking about:

go to My registrations and edit your registration there. Should update the registration list.

Rick, I fixed the column but now everyone's T/$ info in the memberships data shows their city, Can we just wipe out all the info in just that column?
~Christine Grice
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

I fixed both My Registrations and My Clubs. The former took care of the Registration problem.

Mike
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Christine Berry wrote:For Everyone that has no Idea what Rick and I are talking about:

go to My registrations and edit your registration there. Should update the registration list.

Rick, I fixed the column but now everyone's T/$ info in the memberships data shows their city, Can we just wipe out all the info in just that column?
Hmmm, don't know. I don't think there is an "undo" function if we mess it up :o
Bill Schenker
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Christine Berry wrote:Oh, and Bill, go into the My Clubs area and see if you have CASOC filled in there.

Man, that site is screwy!

But thanks, Christine - not the Christine that's trying to kill me. I think I made the changes to club & solo$ too.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

I'm thinking it's time for a letter to the programmer about what works and doesn't and how we think it should be. I have a programming background and I definitely think a lot different that this programmer.
Marshall Grice
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

how many damn databases do we need to maintain?

why can't AX-canshoveit-WHERE import the database that Gio already maintains?

what is trying to be done should not be this hard.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Marshall Grice wrote:how many damn databases do we need to maintain?

It's certainly the least efficient use of a database and data structures i've seen in a while.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:

It's certainly the least efficient use of a database and data structures i've seen in a while.
That's because it wasn't designed by a true database developer (not to toot my own horn but it's what I do for a living).

And Marshall is right, it shouldn't be THIS f-ing hard.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

There's only two. I don't know how Gio's works. If he's just using what Will created, you can't expect two custom databases to be totally compatible. Gio doesn't have near the data that's in the other one. In fact, when I first created the account at AXWare I did import all the data from the Solo2.com site and it automatically created account names and passwords. Much easier than I thought it would be, although I did have to do some editing to get column headings to match.

Will's database was done specifically to meet our needs at the time. But he has many other things pulling for his time now, so there have only been minor changes since he originally did it. AXWare is designed to be usable by many regions and other organizations and so is user customizable. I think we tend to try to use more features than other clubs, not to mention all our little special rules and exceptions. So since we started using AXWare, we have been customizing and using more of it's features. And the programmer has included several of our requests in his updates. Every time we change how we do something, it creates issues for any system. Like the current run order setup. Neither Will's system or AXWare can deal with it. I have to manually do the run order for each event. And while I can put the run order into the Timing software, it can't handle the non-standard worker part of it so the nice feature that shows how many workers are in a group isn't that accurate. Any time you have custom software for a very small (or single) potential client base you will have issues.
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

Sunday championship flyer updated
~Lily