8-15-10 Champ Videos/Photos

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: 8-15-10 Champ Videos/Photos

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I believe you have to use one of those old fashion paper PRINTS! Cool shot :thumbup:

... have you ever tried those drug store printing machines ... just pop in your card ... you can zoom and crop
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Max Hayter wrote:
Christine Berry wrote:
Is Mike showing Renee the proper form for prostate exam?
Fixed.
Is there a <wince> smiley?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

Mako Koiwai wrote:I believe you have to use one of those old fashion paper PRINTS! Cool shot :thumbup:

... have you ever tried those drug store printing machines ... just pop in your card ... you can zoom and crop
Actually, I send my files to Walgreens over the internet and the prints are almost always ready within 30 minutes. And the printing is really quite good, I've even done 8x10's. I tried CVS and was not impressed at all.
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Jeff Wong wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:If all of Mihai's runs were clean, there was obviously something going on with him, although he didn't seem ill?

It can't be "that simple" that ST cars can beat a National STX contender like Mihai and conversely perhaps you ... otherwise we'd see more of that type of Civic disorderly conduct at National events. Easier to win in STX then in ST? Looks like this year could be Seb's best chance in STX! Really looking forward to seeing all of you perform at Nationals. :thumbup:
Mihai had a 56.829 (only clean run of the 3) in X-runs, the Dirty Romanian was definitely back! Even then, he was a bit farther back from Nicole. I bet you, he was just out driven. :thumbup:
Mihai, was changing tire brands again. He likes to change things even after just one run you know :)
I think he was back on the Yoks for fun runs...

Speaking of fun runs. Totally enjoyed them and was able to chop .7 seconds from competition times, on HOT tires that corded no less.
I impressed myself with a clean 54.6.(good for about 10th in overall PAX!)
I gave the course workers a good show with some nice flick, slide and mash it corner entries.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Will Kalman wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:I believe you have to use one of those old fashion paper PRINTS! Cool shot :thumbup:

Actually, I send my files to Walgreens over the internet and the prints are almost always ready within 30 minutes. And the printing is really quite good, I've even done 8x10's. I tried CVS and was not impressed at all.
Neat. Didn't know about this. I've been copying my pics to CD then drive to RiteAid to use the machines, which for some reason is out of working order 50% of the time.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Pete Loney wrote:
Mihai, was changing tire brands again. He likes to change things even after just one run you know :)
Looks like he better get some practice on real big slicks for the s20000, if he is going to run in AM------- }:) }:)

AM Count:15

77 Surubariu, Mihai North Hollywood, CA 2008 Honda S 20.000 Mrn Dirty Romanian Racing /Thanks Pete Hoosier Cal Club Region

Copied from national entries---

Don
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Don Salyers wrote:
Pete Loney wrote:
Looks like he better get some practice on real big slicks for the s20000, if he is going to run in AM------- }:) }:)

AM Count:15

77 Surubariu, Mihai North Hollywood, CA 2008 Honda S 20.000 Mrn Dirty Romanian Racing /Thanks Pete Hoosier Cal Club Region

Copied from national entries---

Don
He knows. It's on Nancy's To Do list currently to fix it.....
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Will Kalman
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

T. Osifeso wrote:
Will Kalman wrote:Actually, I send my files to Walgreens over the internet and the prints are almost always ready within 30 minutes. And the printing is really quite good, I've even done 8x10's. I tried CVS and was not impressed at all.
Neat. Didn't know about this. I've been copying my pics to CD then drive to RiteAid to use the machines, which for some reason is out of working order 50% of the time.
Even better, you can specify *which* Walgreens you want the prints to be made - I can have prints made at the Walgreens near my mother in Texas.
Jeff Wong
Car#: 146

Post by Jeff Wong »

Pete Loney wrote:Speaking of fun runs. Totally enjoyed them and was able to chop .7 seconds from competition times, on HOT tires that corded no less.
I impressed myself with a clean 54.6.(good for about 10th in overall PAX!)
I gave the course workers a good show with some nice flick, slide and mash it corner entries.
Pete, I was working the slalom, you were one of the very few people that were clean! You looked fast and based on your times, it was fast!
Jeff Wong
1994 Honda Civic- STS
ProParts USA
Like Us on Facebook
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

edited, not relevant to thread topic.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Will Kalman wrote:
T. Osifeso wrote:
Will Kalman wrote:Actually, I send my files to Walgreens over the internet and the prints are almost always ready within 30 minutes. And the printing is really quite good, I've even done 8x10's. I tried CVS and was not impressed at all.
Even better, you can specify *which* Walgreens you want the prints to be made - I can have prints made at the Walgreens near my mother in Texas.
Costco has good service also. They also let you make your own leather or photo cover books, so you can do a season final. Reasonable price for one off's a little pricy for multiple copies. Of course there are a number of other services that do likewise. I would expect that most runners are jaded enough that team yearbooks are meaningless, but I am surprised Mako hasn't developed a format for the novices? or newbies who run multiple events.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

:barf:

:-)
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mako ??????????????
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

too much work ...
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mako Koiwai wrote:too much work ...
Yea probably, but still?

Did I show you the collage I made from your images for the car show I was in?
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Arthur Grant wrote: Yea probably, but still?
You do realize how many photos he has after shooting a single day, right? It's a LOT of work just to sort through them, much less process a few here and there.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
You do realize how many photos he has after shooting a single day, right? It's a LOT of work just to sort through them, much less process a few here and there.
Have you ever used Picasa 3? Free from google, its a patter recognition software? Actually makes the job significantly easier. Plus I know he can speed read images. I should note I have been shooting Press off and on for 30 years, I know about image sorting.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Leonard Cachola wrote:
Have you ever used Picasa 3? Free from google, its a patter recognition software? Actually makes the job significantly easier. Plus I know he can speed read images. I should note I have been shooting Press off and on for 30 years, I know about image sorting.
I'm sure Mako wouldn't mind a volunteer to help out.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Arthur:

Ran Picasa3 last night ... but it only ran through the photos on my computer and not my numerous hard drives. I thought I told it to search everywhere. Almost all racing shots are on the hard drives (besides backed up with Mozy, where ever they are). If it had cataloged the racing shots, are you saying I could pick one particular car and it would find every shot of that car?
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Post by Eric Clements »

Max Hayter wrote: How could CSCC ban them from running STX locally, given that situation.
Easily, regions are free to class cars as they see fit (excluding Jr karts)
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Arthur:

Ran Picasa3 last night ... but it only ran through the photos on my computer and not my numerous hard drives. I thought I told it to search everywhere. Almost all racing shots are on the hard drives (besides backed up with Mozy, where ever they are). If it had cataloged the racing shots, are you saying I could pick one particular car and it would find every shot of that car?
You can get it to read all. Takes awhile but it will look at hard drives as well.
John Stimson
Car#: 124

Post by John Stimson »

Mako Koiwai wrote:For perfect Pro sound results you need to stuff the camera in a furry wind sock like Henry does
I just made a cover for my Canon ELPH out of fake fur costume trim that I bought at Joann Fabrics. It's not as heavy weight or thick as the cover on Henry's camera, but it seems to work pretty well.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Cute :? :lol:

... I need to get me some of that fur :thumbup:
Greg Dennis
Car#: 991

Post by Greg Dennis »

Got Body Roll? Thought I'd give the daily driver a whirl. It was nice to have the extra power (compared to my usual AX'er, a 116 hamster power Miata) to help mask my mistakes, but as you can see in the picture, the outside treads of my tires took quite a beating. Great event, fun course.
Attachments
IMG_8333.jpg
IMG_8333.jpg (51.54 KiB) Viewed 6731 times
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Cute :? :lol:

... I need to get me some of that fur :thumbup:
I want it in faux zebra!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.