Test post

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Bob Pl
Club: GRA
Car#: 26

Test post

Post by Bob Pl »

This is just a test to see if I have been banned from the forum, or just subject to having threads about smog testing & gasoline formulation deleted.

:roll:

On other forums threads are moved by moderators when they determine that the subject matter is more appropriate in a different forum.

I am suprised that political correctness screening (I guess that's what it was) results in termination of first amendment rights, but hey you have that power of the delete key & what good is it if you don't get to use it.

This is in OFF TOPIC just to be safe ya know.

:thumbup:
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

Re: Test post

Post by Michael Palero »

It's also nice to ask a moderator or 2 as to why your posting was deleted.
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Bob Plante wrote:This is just a test to see if I have been banned from the forum, or just subject to having threads about smog testing & gasoline formulation deleted.

On other forums threads are moved by moderators when they determine that the subject matter is more appropriate in a different forum.

I am suprised that political correctness screening (I guess that's what it was) results in termination of first amendment rights, but hey you have that power of the delete key & what good is it if you don't get to use it.

It was me, no need to talk about these "anonymous moderators". Feel free to email me or talk to me at the next event if you want to discuss it Bob, unless you'd rather spout hyperbole here.
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Aaron,

I am sure glad that you are our fearless censor! Can you imagine, it could be me. I don't like anything political, racial, protentially abusive to us old goofy guys, ST BS, things written by those just out of the cradle (you??), SK1 and SK2, etc, etc,

But, I just remembered, I am capable of censoring all that stuff by just not pushing the mouse button.

But thanks anyway for deleting something that I wouldn't read anyway---but I am sure curious now!!!!!

Don
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Don Salyers wrote:Aaron,

I am sure glad that you are our fearless censor! Can you imagine, it could be me. I don't like anything political, racial, protentially abusive to us old goofy guys, ST BS, things written by those just out of the cradle (you??), SK1 and SK2, etc, etc,

But, I just remembered, I am capable of censoring all that stuff by just not pushing the mouse button.

But thanks anyway for deleting something that I wouldn't read anyway---but I am sure curious now!!!!!

Don
This being one of the least moderated forums i've ever been on, and the topic in question being the 3rd topic i've deleted in the 3 YEARS i've run this forum for the club, any outrage seems a bit overblown.
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
This being one of the least moderated forums i've ever been on, and the topic in question being the 3rd topic i've deleted in the 3 YEARS i've run this forum for the club, any outrage seems a bit overblown.
I am so corry Aaron, I did not know that YOU alone ran this forum! I don't think that i expressed "outrage" nor was it "overblown". My point was I can do my own censoring of any and all topics and I bet that most on this board feels the same.

Don
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Bob Plante wrote:This is just a test to see if I have been banned from the forum, or just subject to having threads about smog testing & gasoline formulation deleted.

It was me, no need to talk about these "anonymous moderators". Feel free to email me or talk to me at the next event if you want to discuss it Bob, unless you'd rather spout hyperbole here.
The thread was about smog testing, gas formulation, and the "intentions" of the (unelected) bueracrats that run CARB and EPA and the "style" by which those quasi governmental agencies are run. it was deleted & I was not sure if I was banned or not and so I posted here to see if I could. Where is the hyperbole in that? Why is this new thread "spouting"? What gives? I guess I stepped on somebody's toes & don't even know who.

Somebodies relative work for CARB?

First time I had a thread deleted & I have not been banned on any forum.

BTW I love clean air and water & I recycled before it was "mandated". I just have a problem with fraudulant governmental agencies & policies. Wrap them in environmental green flags & a fraud is still a fraud.

Last edited by Bob Pl on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Bob Plante wrote:The thread was about smog testing, gas formulation, and the "intentions" of the (unelected) bueracrats that run CARB and EPA and the "style" by which those quasi governmental agencies are run. it was deleted & I was not sure if I was banned or not and so I posted here to see if I could. Where is the hyperbole in that? Why is this new thread "spouting"? What gives? I guess I stepped on somebody's toes & don't even know who.

First time I had a thread deleted & I have not been banned on any forum.

BTW I love clean air and water & I recycled before it was "mandated". I just have a problem with fraudulant governmental agencies & policies. Wrap them in environmental green flags & a fraud is still a fraud.

The point is Bob, that you turned a somewhat auto-related post into a political post about fraudulent gov't agencies, and because you posted in the "Off Topic" forum it may be moved to Political Paddock, or perhaps even deleted if PP goes away. Again, Aaron does run the forums because he and a friend of his is hosting it on a server at ZERO cost to us. So if he chooses to not run it and take it away then what? We're without forums. Now you understand Aaron's frustration in baby-sitting posts like this. Just an FYI Bob.
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Damn, I really thought this WAS the right forum, my bad, please move it b4 Aaron has to delete it!

Seriously.

Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Plante wrote:Damn, I really thought this WAS the right forum, my bad, please move it b4 Aaron has to delete it!

Seriously.

Unfortunately I'm a moderator only for the "Events" forum. Aaron eventually will decided what to do (if anything needs to be done).
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Bob Plante wrote:Damn, I really thought this WAS the right forum, my bad, please move it b4 Aaron has to delete it!

Seriously.

Unfortunately I'm a moderator only for the "Events" forum. Aaron eventually will decided what to do (if anything needs to be done).
There is a certain amount of humor (or irony) in that I "stupidly" posted something again in the "wrong" forum.

:mrgreen:

Sort of like DNFing twice at the same place.

Ya gotta have a sense of humor, life is too short to be grumpy all the time (not saying that anybody in particular, and certainly not moderators are grumpy people).
Giovanni Jaramillo

No worries Bob. :)
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Aaron it's not easy being a moderator so I personally appreciate that you are doing it. I don't know what the discussion is about but your judgement has to be respected as the moderator. Keep up the good work :thumbup:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin