July 29 No Work AutoX, San Diego, Qualcomm

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

July 29 No Work AutoX, San Diego, Qualcomm

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Attention junkies! JayCom Services has been contracted to put on an AutoX at QualComm on July 29th (Sunday) in conjunction with the Extreme AutoFest car show.

The good people of the Extreme AutoFest show have given me near free reign over the management of the AutoX event, so I based the organization on the recently sucessful Fontana charity event: http://www.socalsubies.com/forums/showt ... hp?t=16587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've gotten the AutoX pre-entry down to $60 for an 'all day pass', which includes a spectator entry to the show ($20 value). And as in my previous event, this will be a NO WORK event. Again the best bang for you buck I've ever been a part of.

Entries are not expected to be excessive, as this event is mostly designed to just be a 'spectacle' for the show goers. This means you should expect 16+ runs on a somewhat small course.

And just to hammer the point home, we have 'hired' course workers for this event, so NO WORK ASSIGNEMENTS!

Registration Pages at:
https://payprosafe.com/index.php?option ... alRegister" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pre-reg is the ONLY way to get the all day pass. If you try to play day of you'll need to pay $5/run and $20 just to get in the gate, i.e. BE SURE TO PRE-REG.

Extreme AutoFest's Site:
http://www.extremeautofest.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is a perfect opportunity for those looking to start the sport (low cost, no pressure, no work), or just looking for great bang for your buck.

Follow my events @JayComServices
Non-SCCA event.

Jay W
woodrufj@jaycomservices.com
Sean Fenstermacher
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 81

Re: July 29 No Work AutoX, San Diego, Qualcomm

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Nice! I'll look to sign up if I can get one of my SD friends to join.

How's the situation for the pit area for cars joining the auto-x?
Is it separated from the rest of the car show? (just concerned about how much tools, stuff can be left out with if there is a ton of random people going through)
Jayson Woodruff

Sean Fenstermacher wrote:Nice! I'll look to sign up if I can get one of my SD friends to join.

How's the situation for the pit area for cars joining the auto-x?
Is it separated from the rest of the car show? (just concerned about how much tools, stuff can be left out with if there is a ton of random people going through)
I think we have the AutoX cut off from the rest of the show as best as QualComm events can be (which is not real well). I wouldn't leave anything valuable out. The timing van will be available for stuff storage.

Sign up early please! I'm getting a flat fee for my work here, but if I can shake up enough entries the show organizers will want to do more of theses.

Jay W
Jayson Woodruff

Was down at the lot a couple day s ago for inspection. It looks like I'm getting a bigger area and better area than I expected (S.E. lot, not NE). The configuration will be a little unique, but that's all in good fun.

If you plan to come, please register early. The show should be pretty good too. They promised a low rider... bounce off? Motorcycle stunt demo, and of course those import girls.

Jay W
Jesus Saucedo
Club: No$
Car#: 226

Post by Jesus Saucedo »

lowrider bounce off... they "hop" the front of the car using hydraulics, measuring the height.
Yikes. Some of those guys are nuts.

Import girls? sweet. LOL

I'll spread the word to friends. I liked the fontana job you did :thumbup:
Sean Fenstermacher
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 81

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Signed up! Looking forward to it!
Jayson Woodruff

Still plenty of space open. In case you're familar with QualComm, we'll be on the SouthEast lot, the 'bus parking' area will be for parking for all the motorsports and the grid and we'll run on the big area of the SE lot.

I put on a Test & Tune course for the National Tour in this space just a couple months ago, got some good reviews from the best AutoXers in the nation.

I'm bringing out the RallyMiata, one of my guys might be bringing the multi-national champion Eguina Camero and one of the workers is a recent national champion and will be instructing at times.

Jay W
Jesus Saucedo
Club: No$
Car#: 226

Post by Jesus Saucedo »

This event starts at 11?

Edit: Okay, so yes it does! just went to the registration site.