Turkey GP

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Turkey GP

Post by Jeff Shyu »

wow..

these are definitely not the days of Ferrari schumi / barrichello team order.

that was a very entertaining race .. :thumbup:
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Re: Turkey GP

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

I bet Chris Horner held a come-to-Jesus meeting with Vettel.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

i saw it coming, it was like, S_L_O_W M_O....

OH NOES!!!! ... kablammo!
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Yeah, he pulls along side to set up the pass and then he turns into Webber way early and too soon for the corner. Hamilton must felt like his luck was finally turning his way.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Webber isn't without fault here, though. Vettel had him dead to rights. If they weren't on the same team, I'd say he was justified in trying to hold Vettel off, but if you're teammates and a 1-2 finish is at stake, you have to give him some more room. Webber basically had him trapped against the edge of the grass.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

i think the rule in passing (and especially true with TEAMMATES) is, if you can't pass clean, don't pass. this isn't nascar we're talking about, rubbing isn't racing.. }:)

that was far from clean.. >_<

webber looked like he was chewing nails during the interview.
Will Kalman
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

I'm putting blame on Vettel entirely.

If you're making the move, you have the responsibility to make it stick without creating an incident. Match Webber side-by-side and take the inside line. If you can't do that under braking on the dirty line, then you've chosen a bad place or a bad tactic and should abort the pass attempt. At least maybe the other guy is rattled and you can force him into a mistake on another turn or another lap.

All that is double-plus-one if that other guy is your teammate and you're leading the race and the constructor's championship!
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

it was amazing watching Button duking it out with Hamilton shortly thereafter.. WERE YOU TOO FAR BACK TO SEE WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! :lol:
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Will Kalman wrote:All that is double-plus-one if that other guy is your teammate and you're leading the race and the constructor's championship!
I think it was vettel's immaturity coming through. they were talking about it literally a couple laps before it happened, something about "but being Vettel, he'll probably try to make the pass" (paraphrased).

there's good driving / competition, and then there's putting your own ego ahead of the team.

he's no doubt a good driver, but I think sunday's shown him to be a liability to any team that wants to field 2 strong drivers.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Jeff Shyu wrote:i think the rule in passing (and especially true with TEAMMATES) is, if you can't pass clean, don't pass. this isn't nascar we're talking about, rubbing isn't racing.. }:)

that was far from clean.. >_<

webber looked like he was chewing nails during the interview.
To this point though, I think Vettel could have made the pass cleanly if he hadn't turned right. He had way more speed.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Jeff Shyu wrote:i saw it coming, it was like, S_L_O_W M_O....

OH NOES!!!! ... kablammo!
You and me BOTH! I screamed at the TV....you idiot! He did this before to Webber, and he cried after the race. There is ZERO fault for Webber. Vettel is cracking under the pressure now that Mark is taking names and winning races! This would've been a hat-trick set of wins (back-to-back-to-back). And it would've been a 1-2 finish for Red Bull, but now McLaren got a X-mas gift early. It does makes the championship exciting though. And now.......back to North America. Ohhhh Canada! :)
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Will Kalman wrote:I'm putting blame on Vettel entirely.

If you're making the move, you have the responsibility to make it stick without creating an incident. Match Webber side-by-side and take the inside line. If you can't do that under braking on the dirty line, then you've chosen a bad place or a bad tactic and should abort the pass attempt. At least maybe the other guy is rattled and you can force him into a mistake on another turn or another lap.

All that is double-plus-one if that other guy is your teammate and you're leading the race and the constructor's championship!
I agree, Vettle turned into Webber and Webber kept the wheels straight-------even though the "line" would indicate that Webber should have been moving to the right to prepare for the left turn ahead.... I wonder if he knew that just another few meters whould mean that Vettle would have no chance to out brake him or even make the left turn ahead, and therefore was pinching him until Vettle had no choice...

Only the guys in the seats really know.

Don
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Jeff Shyu wrote:it was amazing watching Button duking it out with Hamilton shortly thereafter.. WERE YOU TOO FAR BACK TO SEE WHAT JUST HAPPENED?! :lol:
No, he ws close enough to see that he couldn't get by on the left and so he went by on the right---- :D

Don
Kristoffer Gjevre

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

The Secret Diary of Adrian Newey
http://www.planet-f1.com/off-on-f1/6194 ... wey-53-3-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg Peng
Car#: 908

Post by Greg Peng »

That's an entertaining read. :thumbup: