September 25 & 26 E-Board Practice / Championship

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

September 25 & 26 E-Board Practice / Championship

Post by George Schilling »

Hey gang, good news. There is a newly paved lot in town. We are the first group to be invited to enjoy the brand new paved lot at San Bernardino International Airport. Oh how I love the smell of new asphalt! Seventy-five lucky people will get to join in the fun. Here are the links for more information and to register:

Practice:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... C0DF65E0A4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Championship:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... A3666F6188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bare with me folks. This is my first time using this system to create a flier. If you see anything else that doesn't look right, post on this thread.

Thanks so much,

George

Oh, we still need to fill some key positions and will need help setting up the course on Saturday. Let me know how you can help. Thanks
Last edited by George Schilling on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Re: September 25 & 26 E-Board Practice / Championship

Post by Doug Kott »

Great news, George! Looking forward to Sunday's event. Any idea when that will be open for registration?
Doug Teulie
Club: PSCC
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Yea !
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Jeff Cawthorne
Car#: 196

Post by Jeff Cawthorne »

Returning to Norton, sweet!!! Loved running there, the asphalt is very challenging, and smooth as glass.
Jeff Cawthorne
2016 Miata STR
2015 Mini Cooper S
George Schilling
Club Representative

Doug Kott wrote:Great news, George! Looking forward to Sunday's event. Any idea when that will be open for registration?

I'm preparing the Championship information now and should have it ready to post shortly.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

Ok, the championship flier is posted. Let me know of any glaring mistakes that need correcting.

We also have a few key positions to fill and we'll need help to set up on Saturday morning. Let me know how you will be helping. Thanks
Last edited by George Schilling on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

George Schilling wrote:Ok, the championship flier is posted. The run order is wrong I know. I don't know how to fix it yet.

We also have a few key positions to fill and we'll need help to set up on Saturday morning. Let me know how you will be helping. Thanks
Run order now corrected on flyer.

http://members.quixnet.net/free2000/9-26RunOrder.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Thanx for making it happen. Could you say a few words about where the new pad is? Which gate to use, etc?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Bill Martin wrote:Thanx for making it happen. Could you say a few words about where the new pad is? Which gate to use, etc?
Yes I will, but I'm off to see the doctor for a check-up. I hope she doesn't find too much wrong!! :P

Bill, you have a PM waiting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Bill Martin wrote:Thanx for making it happen. Could you say a few words about where the new pad is? Which gate to use, etc?
The area labeled Tango Row was where we ran in the past. The new pad has gates directly on 3rd St.
Attachments
San Bernardino International Airport Map.jpg
San Bernardino International Airport Map.jpg (334.31 KiB) Viewed 8720 times
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

George Schilling wrote:Bare with me folks.
:shock:

I think I prefer to bare by myself, thanks :lol:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I thought we were going to use the new concrete pad at the bottom of the photos? The last time we ran on new asphalt there we cut a bob sled channel right thru the asphalt!

George Schilling
Club Representative

Mako Koiwai wrote:I thought we were going to use the new concrete pad at the bottom of the photos? The last time we ran on new asphalt there we cut a bob sled channel right thru the asphalt!

Looks interesting, but no, that's not the place.

That was a slurry coat we chewed up, not asphalt.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Weird that the new concrete pad isn't on "your" shot and the pad where we're running isn't discernible on the new shot?
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Thanks to everyone that worked so hard to make this come together. Very much appreciated.
Casey Brier
Car#: 806

Post by Casey Brier »

^^^ YES, YES we do!
I just hope that it works out and every one loves it! :thumbup: I personally would love to see more events here. (sorry for repeating myself.) :ugeek:
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Casey Brier
Car#: 806

Post by Casey Brier »

then, after the race, everyone should head over to Pirate City Tattoo. we can ALL get matching Tattoos! :thumbup: :king:
I'll make em give us a good deal.
.................. anyone? }:)
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

:thumbup:

With or without membership number ?

Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

It is always fun to run in a new lot!!!
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Mako Koiwai wrote:I thought we were going to use the new concrete pad at the bottom of the photos? The last time we ran on new asphalt there we cut a bob sled channel right thru the asphalt!

The new pad is too new for Sat. photos. I spotted one sat. shot in Bing maps that shows them prepping the area by removing/leveling the new area.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Casey Brier wrote:^^^ YES, YES we do!
I just hope that it works out and every one loves it! :thumbup: I personally would love to see more events here. (sorry for repeating myself.) :ugeek:
Personally I would like to see as many events as possible in El Toro, however assuming this site works out well, with any chalking issues etc. would be nice to mix up the winter and fall events between Auto Club and here.

Will be interesting to watch Auto Club now that they have lost a NASCAR race and were not awarded the Indy Car race they wanted at the end of the 2011 season. It will be nice to have an additional venue in our seriers.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

There is way more involved in picking a lot for an event than just saying "Oh, let's run this event at this lot." There is a lot of negotiating with the lot owners for dates, trying to avoid conflicts with all sorts of things, not getting too many events in too short time, etc., etc. Not a simple process that the board members take lightly. Lot owners are already asking for commitments for next year and we have a tentative initial schedule (nothing ready for publication yet).
Bill Martin

Post by Bill Martin »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Weird that the new concrete pad isn't on "your" shot and the pad where we're running isn't discernible on the new shot?
The new pad is on these images, in the extreme upper right corner. But it was just graded dirt at that time.

It's a little over 1000' wide by 1000' deep, tapering to 600' at the eastern edge. Runs along 3rd street with a gate at both ends. Seems the western gate is bigger, and my preliminary layout puts pits & such in the upper left (NW) quadrant. Sizewise, it's very comparable to the speedway.
Bill Martin

Post by Bill Martin »

Okay, George is leaving it up to me whether we set up Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. I prefer Friday since it's a new venue so there's always a little more uncertainty. But we'd need maybe four volunteers, and especially someone who could drive the motorhome/pylon-trailer from El Toro to Norton. And I would guess a chase car to get him home after. An empty pickup would be handy too.

Speak up, don't be shy.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Bill, I'll assist with setup if you wish to do it Friday afternoon.