2011 El Toro Pro Solo Pics and Videos

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Daniel Kohler

2011 El Toro Pro Solo Pics and Videos

Post by Daniel Kohler »

So I finally entered an event lol. Didn't know the difference between Pro Solo and Solo2, but I've gotta say. . . this was a blast! I loved the setup. Here's my best run of my first event (52.440). Good enough for last place in ST hahahaha, but oh well. Very fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCWNVIWqZA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's see some of those fast runs guys.

Danny
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Re: 2011 El Toro Pro Solo Pics and Videos

Post by Mark DeShon »

Always great to see new faces. Keep coming out. Our region has got an excellent set of nationally competitive drivers who are eager to teach. And yes, autocross way too fun for our own good sometimes. :D
Mark D.
Matt Ellam
Club: CASOC
Car#: 317

Post by Matt Ellam »

Here's my best runs from both sides. Wasn't able to clean up on Sunday so I had to settle on my Saturday afternoon runs. Oh well, still good fun!

Left:
http://youtu.be/Aoxgf6lLn_c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Right:
http://youtu.be/lGtsCEjytiE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Matt Ellam on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

2007 Mazda Rx-8
CS
Jason Rhoades
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Rhoades »

Right side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUs_rZ-Psf8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(first run Sunday morning, tires too cold)

Left side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz4cNJmctWU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(last run Sunday morning, tires too hot)

Thanks to Jason Munchhof for letting me drive the car, and for making it better for the Pro.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Where's the STX Camaro?
Jason Rhoades

Post by Jason Rhoades »

Here:
Http://rhoadescamaro.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

I'm beginning to dislike El Toro.. On Saturday, before going to bed, I made a point of throughly cleaning out the image sensor on both cameras, checked and double checked that there's no dust, yet somehow, I still got image dust, despite being hunkered down in the Berry trailer while changing lenses.

Anyways, I zonked out at 7pm last night after the long day, and a mild sunburn. left the computer on to import the raws, and exporting the jpgs.

you guys are seeing the <<2800+>> pictures for the first time like I am... :unimpressed:
Casey Brier
Car#: 806

Post by Casey Brier »

Jeff, I would LOVE to go through those pictures, but I am having a hard time. the site is soooo slow. It would take FOREVER to go through all those pictures. is there another site you can use to host those pictures? Fotki perhaps?

.... am I the only one having such a hard time looking at these pictures? I do have a nice fast interent connection here. (fiber)
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Casey Brier wrote:Jeff, I would LOVE to go through those pictures, but I am having a hard time. the site is soooo slow. It would take FOREVER to go through all those pictures. is there another site you can use to host those pictures? Fotki perhaps?

.... am I the only one having such a hard time looking at these pictures? I do have a nice fast interent connection here. (fiber)
Goes pretty quick for me.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Casey Brier wrote:Jeff, I would LOVE to go through those pictures, but I am having a hard time. the site is soooo slow. It would take FOREVER to go through all those pictures. is there another site you can use to host those pictures? Fotki perhaps?

Goes pretty quick for me.
hmm.. yeah, can someone else confirm? it goes pretty fast on my home computer, as well as at work.. I can look into other options if it's a widespread problem though.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

It's pretty fast for me. About 3-4 seconds spent on each page of 18 pictures looking for ones of me.
Casey Brier

Post by Casey Brier »

ok, maybe my computer is being stupid, let me see what I can do.
thanks guys
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Seems to be going pretty fast for me. If you want to limit your search, your car's pictures are at the end of Gallery 2 and begining of Gallery 3.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Casey Brier

Post by Casey Brier »

fixed. yup, much faster!
thanks guys
Thanks Christine for letting me know. I have a picture of you and Marshal.... and of course you at the end of the event. I will get my pictures up soon. though they are mostly of my car and a few of randoms. also got Keisles dog. :-)
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Works fine for me...
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Uploading some vids on my Youtube channel.... 300 FPS Slomo's

So far, Carl V. and his shaky bumper

Christine launching during the Ladies challenge

And The Trotter DS SRT-4 launching, might want to check the bushings or something in the driveline :(

Pete...

http://www.youtube.com/user/moriuntenshu?feature=mhum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jeff Shyu wrote:I'm beginning to dislike El Toro.. On Saturday, before going to bed, I made a point of throughly cleaning out the image sensor on both cameras, checked and double checked that there's no dust, yet somehow, I still got image dust, despite being hunkered down in the Berry trailer while changing lenses.

Anyways, I zonked out at 7pm last night after the long day, and a mild sunburn. left the computer on to import the raws, and exporting the jpgs.

you guys are seeing the <<2800+>> pictures for the first time like I am... :unimpressed:
Which camera body are you shooting with. Do you think you got the dust during lens changes or on the lens. Didn't think El Toro was that bad dust wise yesterday, but only the Nikon D3X, or D3S are truly sealed as with the Canon EOS 1-D line. The prosumer / amature lines are suspect.

Sunscreen and floppy hat for LBGP this weekend :)
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

mostly the 1Dm3. I guess it's possible that the dust is on the 600, but i was pretty thorough checking that too. I'll have to do some tests.

they're hard to see on the 800px images, but I get irritated when I zoom in and see them.

and yes, definitely lots of sunscreen and straw hat this weekend. I don't particularly enjoy being a walking lobster.
Mack Tsang
Car#: 188

Post by Mack Tsang »

http://tigermack.zenfolio.com/p649960206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Left

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfXbr18P7I8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rociQZNdoNU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
San Francisco Region
FSP #188 - Mazda3
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

The site is rocking for me, my only problem is if you want to go back to gallarie it hangs up, but I just click on the link here and select the next group. Really like the site he is using.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

I need to rework the gallery so that it's a continuous sequence between the end of Gal 2, and #3 are connected.

sliding sideways across the finish line, and not taking out cones, is pretty impressive.. :gpower:
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jeff Shyu wrote:mostly the 1Dm3. I guess it's possible that the dust is on the 600, but i was pretty thorough checking that too. I'll have to do some tests.

they're hard to see on the 800px images, but I get irritated when I zoom in and see them.

and yes, definitely lots of sunscreen and straw hat this weekend. I don't particularly enjoy being a walking lobster.

Yep, if El Toro is bad, Long Beach is worse with all the reflection off the K-rail. I am assigned turns 2,3,4,5 for the weekend. Basically the Patron Bridge, Fountain, roof top shots.
Johnson Mac
Car#: 444

Post by Johnson Mac »

Awesome pictures... :) got a few of me swing dancing too :D
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Sorry about he Picture in Picture positioning, just put a new video box in and forgot to change that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VDnChb2AJM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLaz8n6HsgY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLaz8n6HsgY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like your commentary on the turn around :mrgreen: