Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: CASOC
Car#: 11

Re: 12 events 3 drops for 2008

Post by Marshall Grice »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Who's quoting the calendar?! I'm quoting your post, which says "SCNAX Cup 2 days,..." If you know there won't be one, why would you say that? :roll: :roll: :roll: Without the Cup, it's a 2-day practice and a ladies school. If you know there's no Cup, then that's what the Calendar should say. The Cup has always been an add-on to a two-day practice. Your "Latin temper" excuse is lame.
I'm just leaving the calendar as is. As for my excuse, make that my reason. If it's lame to you, then that's not my problem.
I'm with Gio on this one. He has no official word on what to change the schedule to, so it stays as it was originally planned. When the official word comes out about that weekend the calendar should be changed. Just because there is no scnax cup doesn't make it a double practice automatically. That's more wrong then leaving it posted as the scnax cup.

Besides, it's not like the calendar is Gio's responsibility, he's just one of the guys that can update it.
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Marshall Grice wrote:
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Who's quoting the calendar?! I'm quoting your post, which says "SCNAX Cup 2 days,..." If you know there won't be one, why would you say that? :roll: :roll: :roll: Without the Cup, it's a 2-day practice and a ladies school. If you know there's no Cup, then that's what the Calendar should say. The Cup has always been an add-on to a two-day practice. Your "Latin temper" excuse is lame.
I'm just leaving the calendar as is. As for my excuse, make that my reason. If it's lame to you, then that's not my problem.
I'm with Gio on this one. He has no official word on what to change the schedule to, so it stays as it was originally planned. When the official word comes out about that weekend the calendar should be changed. Just because there is no scnax cup doesn't make it a double practice automatically. That's more wrong then leaving it posted as the scnax cup.

Besides, it's not like the calendar is Gio's responsibility, he's just one of the guys that can update it.
He took the responsibility this time, so that doesn't wash.

As for the event, Cup or no, the underlying setup is the Ladies School and a two-day practice. Leaving it as the SCNAX Cup and THEN referring to the SC in a message reinforces erroneous information. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:

He took the responsibility this time, so that doesn't wash.

As for the event, Cup or no, the underlying setup is the Ladies School and a two-day practice. Leaving it as the SCNAX Cup and THEN referring to the SC in a message reinforces erroneous information. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I changed it to what's more accurate (the general feeling at the meeting was for a practice/school/championship). I took SCNAX off as the host and changed it to the E-Board and indicated that the dates are firm but the what event types are not. Friday & Saturday either a practice or ladies school and Sunday practice, ladies school or championship. People need to know what's being considered.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

I am willing to cut Gio slack. He did try to inform us by making changes to the calendar but then he was told to change it back.

I would like to see an update the calendar stating something like this-->, “The SCNAX CUP will not be held this year. CSCC is considering adding a Championship event on Sunday November xx. The board will vote on the proposed additional November Championship at the September meeting. Please check the calendar for updates to the calendar regarding the November xx event in October.”

Please keep in mind that adding an extra event requires all competitors running for year end points to attend unless they wish to use the added event as a drop.

My message was written before Rick posted his message above. Thanks Rick
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Doug Teulie wrote:I am willing to cut Gio slack. He did try to inform us by making changes to the calendar but then he was told to change it back.
He put it back of his own initiative after being reminded that no final decision had been made.

Thanks, Rick.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Doug Teulie wrote:I am willing to cut Gio slack. He did try to inform us by making changes to the calendar but then he was told to change it back.
Thanks Doug. I'm just trying to be pro-active and update the masses and once I realized the need to change (based on Jayson's reminder of the meeting), I put it back.
Doug Teulie wrote:My message was written before Rick posted his message above. Thanks Rick
In case you didn't know, there's a cool feature of this message board that if you're replying to a post written say at 6pm, and it takes you 2 minutes to come up with a reply, but someone else replies in 1min, well you don't know during your 2 mins, that someone else replied, but the message board does! :D So when you click submit, it actually tells you "Hey someone posted before you so in case you're posting duplicate information, you have time to edit your thread". Pretty cool actually.
Bob Pl
Club: GRA
Car#: 26

Post by Bob Pl »

Doug Teulie wrote:Please keep in mind that adding an extra event requires all competitors running for year end points to attend unless they wish to use the added event as a drop.

]

That's my interest basically & why I started the thread. The handful of us that run 2 regions need some lead time & an accurate calender to try & have enough events to qualify for both.

:)
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I think what Rick did updating the calendar is perfect. Put the most accurate info known out there as soon as possible. Let people know that its under discussion so they can influence their club reps. Why is this so damn difficult and contentious?

Our leadership seems to think its okay to delay decision making until the last possible moment. Sometimes they are so bad they wait til the FOLLOWING year to make decisions about points, rules and trophies for the PAST year. That is so beyond unacceptable I don't know what to say except my shock that I seem like the only person troubled by it.

Maybe it will change next year with the new crew.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I think what Rick did updating the calendar is perfect. Put the most accurate info known out there as soon as possible. Let people know that its under discussion so they can influence their club reps. Why is this so damn difficult and contentious?
Well because as you know....."some" people don't like to communicate via the boards and so I hesitate in making those changes to the calendar else I get my head chewed off. You're right, I wanted to be able to say "NO SCNAX Cup, but temporarily a practice" but because I have the ability to update the calendar (along with a few) doesn't mean I don't have the "right" to. I need official direction. And currently that official person has to say something. I hear your frustration and things are getting streamlined for next year.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Then tell the idiots to take a flying leap off the nearest available race car hauler. You're welcome to send them to my rig.

If you get chewed out for providing the most accurate representation of the current state of planning then please send them to me. I'd gladly tear them a new one.

But understand what I'm asking is to remove inaccurate info, and then explain that a decision has to be made.

That decision MUST be made in September. But don't you know the probability is just extraordinarily high that come the Sept meeting some weasel out take it off the table and go back to the members for comment BS will happen and decision won't be made til the October meeting.

I'd love to be proved wrong about most of the crap I complain about.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Bob Plante wrote:
Doug Teulie wrote:Please keep in mind that adding an extra event requires all competitors running for year end points to attend unless they wish to use the added event as a drop.

]
That's my interest basically & why I started the thread. The handful of us that run 2 regions need some lead time & an accurate calender to try & have enough events to qualify for both.
:)
;) I am running both too. I did not make the May SD event. So I need to know what the deal is too. ;)
November is booked up for us.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:But don't you know the probability is just extraordinarily high that come the Sept meeting some weasel out take it off the table and go back to the members for comment BS will happen and decision won't be made til the October meeting.
That's a scary thought. Why? Because I've seen it happen and I'm confident that will NOT be the case. But if it is, remember this is a "committee" vote not an E-Board vote and I'm only on the E-Board. But trust Mikey ok? Again it was just Jayson make it a formality (and rightly so) in taking it back to the clubs via their reps to decide who wants to put on that event. We all know it has to be decided ASAP. Hopefully we'll prove you wrong. Else even I would be stunned if it's delayed yet another month.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:That decision MUST be made in September. But don't you know the probability is just extraordinarily high that come the Sept meeting some weasel out take it off the table and go back to the members for comment BS will happen and decision won't be made til the October meeting.

I'd love to be proved wrong about most of the crap I complain about.
Perhaps somebody could send each club rep a message to come prepared with an opinion on the matter. If the issue was plainly put out there for consideration, there is still plenty of time for the reps to get a consensus from there clubs. Should be easy to do. Heck, George, being the proactive guy he is, has already started this on the CASOC board.

I'm not sure whose responsibility that would be, if anybody. But if somebody will send me a list of club rep names I'll take care of it.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

The idea was brought up at the Aug meeting, then it was tabled specificially for reps to talk to they're memebers and come back with a vote. If other reps aren't doing what George is, they're not doing their job.

Jay W
KJ Christopher wrote:Perhaps somebody could send each club rep a message to come prepared with an opinion on the matter. If the issue was plainly put out there for consideration, there is still plenty of time for the reps to get a consensus from there clubs. Should be easy to do. Heck, George, being the proactive guy he is, has already started this on the CASOC board.

I'm not sure whose responsibility that would be, if anybody. But if somebody will send me a list of club rep names I'll take care of it.
Ashley Armstrong
Car#: 814

Post by Ashley Armstrong »

So, 3 more days until the Sept meeting, at which point I'll be able to plan my life as it pertains to November, right?

Edit: Apologies for the bitchy post, but I am frustrated here. I realize that it's not about my social schedule. It's about running an organization that cares about its members--I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated by the expectation that my life should revolve around driving around cones. I'm absolutely okay with putting aside time in my life to pursue this sport, but I'm put off by the idea of having to hold off on making commitments--particularly with friends and family, around the holidays--because the board can't do it in a timely fashion.

</soapbox>
Ash "Cupcakes"
2008 bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit-eating champion