September 25 & 26 E-Board Practice / Championship

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Re: September 25 & 26 E-Board Practice / Championship

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Rick Brown wrote:Updated Run Order (FJ moved to 4th group)
http://members.quixnet.net/free2000/9-26RunOrder.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Rick!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Looks like we're going to have a lot of new people at tomorrow's practice - so if you're a veteran and you see a new face in need of some help, please help them in any way you can. I'm only one person, so any help is going to be greatly appreciated so we can keep the event running as smoothly as possible.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Leonard Cachola wrote:Looks like we're going to have a lot of new people at tomorrow's practice - so if you're a veteran and you see a new face in need of some help, please help them in any way you can. I'm only one person, so any help is going to be greatly appreciated so we can keep the event running as smoothly as possible.
I have a request for everyone getting their work done early. You will be able to run any time. I'd appreciate it if you would take the majority of runs during worker change periods while the grid is low on cars. Also, as Leonard said, we have a lot of new people attending. It would be a big help if would make your first two runs in a novice car, either as driver or passenger, to make sure we get them started on the right track.

Thanks everyone!!

George
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

I see the run/work order for the 26th, is there a run/work order posted for tomorrow?
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

So? How is the new surface? How is the site?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:So? How is the new surface? How is the site?
It's was hot but we had a great time. Plenty of grip. The surface held together wonderfully. Everyone who wanted them got 13 runs. We shut down by 3:45.

If the pre-registration is any indication, there's a very good chance I'll be declaring 4 runs for the championship. It's worth the trip out.

See you tomorrow.

And again, remember to bring plenty of cold water, sun screen, plenty of cold water, shade, and plenty of cold water. Umbrellas are OK on course, can't use em when driving.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

It was hot as ... a 9 hour solar eclipse would have been nice. Having said that it was a 10. The surface is great, the course design was a hoot, everyone was laid back, which is likely the result that whoever wanted to come an run could without worrying about if they could get in, and Craig did a good job of getting his workers, and all went well. Aside from racing on the sun, I liked it a lot better than Auto Club. The view of the mountains was cool.
Jason Flores
Car#: 886

Post by Jason Flores »

Everyobe coming from the south ATTENTION..

Take it easy 215 NB passing la cadena dr. 2 cops gunnin at the fwy looking for a reason to pull ya over...

Uve been warned..=)
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Great event, thanks to all the people that made it happen. Too bad you couldn't do something about the sun :mrgreen:

I personally love the site, the elevation changes and how it is completely enclosed. Also this is not a bad neigborhood as some have said in earlier posts. We should definitely use this lot again especially if they ease up on the requirment that we sweep the ground after use, that could be hard if we run late.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

Saturday's practice was great fun. Thanks to everyone involved. Here is the video of my best lap, plus a shot of our new horse trailer. Sunday, Karen needed me to help her with the trailer. Its fun driving around with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU1sKjLBI-g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve A.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Steve, hats off, I have no idea how you can get through some of those sections on the throttle. Truly amazing. By the way that is really beautiful little horse. Good size trailer as well. Does you wife show?

Art
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Easy Arthur!

So who won SS with me not being there? Hahahaha

Karen & I are back in the USA, where the gasoline nozzles have run latches so one can clean the windows while filling up!

Bozeman, MT ... 24/7 Internet. :gpower:
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Easy Arthur!

So who won SS with me not being there? Hahahaha

Karen & I are back in the USA, where the gasoline nozzles have run latches so one can clean the windows while filling up!

Bozeman, MT ... 24/7 Internet. :gpower:
Welcome back to the USA Mako ... shock and awe!!!

Serious about the gas pump thing? Wow, so I can't leave the pump running while I grab a beef jerky and big gulp?
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

Arthur Grant wrote:Steve, hats off, I have no idea how you can get through some of those sections on the throttle. Truly amazing. By the way that is really beautiful little horse. Good size trailer as well. Does you wife show?

Art
Thanks Art. My wife has been going to shows this year. Here's one from a couple of weeks ago.
http://vimeo.com/15013373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve A.
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Steve Abbott wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:Steve, hats off, I have no idea how you can get through some of those sections on the throttle. Truly amazing. By the way that is really beautiful little horse. Good size trailer as well. Does you wife show?

Art
Thanks Art. My wife has been going to shows this year. Here's one from a couple of weeks ago.
http://vimeo.com/15013373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Steve A.
Steve, nice clear video I like the markings on the horse. You wife looks very elegant, the part where she open and close the gate look like it requires a lot of coordination with the horse, impressive.
Casey Brier
Car#: 806

Post by Casey Brier »

I know I'm way late here. but I loved the new site. the elevation change was fun, the lot was super smooth, and there were no obstacles dictating how to design the course. (no light poles like Fontana, and no tic-tac-toes like el toro.)
I would love to see more of this venue if we can.
:thumbup: :gpower:
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."